Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned! 140286...Highest I've seen yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 3 on Monday and got the VIN the same day. My son had a half day of school today, so we did back to back test drives of the 3 and Y and unexpectedly, I like the Y better for seating position with my messed up knee, significant comfort difference. I currently drive a Volvo SUV. Went grocery shopping and came home. It is now 90 mins after placing the order change in the Tesla store and I have a VIN already that says delivery between TODAY and March 15th. VIN is 142xxx. That's nuts! 90 mins for a VIN? LR Blue on Black. 19inch wheels.
I'm so jealous. I'm 15 mins away from Fremont Factory and still no VIN. I ordered on 12/4 and edited it on 2/21.

Im vin 121xxx in my MYP and im confirmed with the headlights, steering wheel and console :)
The LR will start in late March
Congrats - but I'm not sure anyone really knows when the headlights come in. With the big push to hit numbers in the quarter, it may be before or after the end of Q. Great thing to just get to drive one of these awesome machines!

This is my opinion but you won’t be disappointed if you get the current lights. I’ve added projector retrofits to vehicles in the past and these current light on a LR are very very good. As is the auto high beam if you ask me. My wife has a new platinum Highlander and those headlights are some of the highest rated on the market and largest difference is they move slightly around turns. Not sure if that’s coming with the new MY ones or not, but I wouldn’t let it cause you to wait. I considered delaying to get the updated headlights but ultimately decided to take delivery. The most important thing for me was the updated console which I got on a 2/13 build date.

Net, if you’re on the fence about waiting for updated headlights and aren’t too familiar with these on a MY, just take delivery and you won’t be disappointed IMO.

Reactions: fireball08
I had a 142xxx (SoCal). Inquired about the headlights but they told me it wouldn’t have them. I had them unmatch me. Now I wish they had said we’ll take a look at the car when it gets here and unmatch you if it’s still the old lights. Hope you guys get it so I can ask for a new VIN and take delivery already!!

This is my opinion but you won’t be disappointed if you get the current lights. I’ve added projector retrofits to vehicles in the past and these current light on a LR are very very good. As is the auto high beam if you ask me. My wife has a new platinum Highlander and those headlights are some of the highest rated on the market and largest difference is they move slightly around turns. Not sure if that’s coming with the new MY ones or not, but I wouldn’t let it cause you to wait. I considered delaying to get the updated headlights but ultimately decided to take delivery. The most important thing for me was the updated console which I got on a 2/13 build date.

Net, if you’re on the fence about waiting for updated headlights and aren’t too familiar with these on a MY, just take delivery and you won’t be disappointed IMO.
That's good to know! We have a lexus rx with the triple beam LED's as well as a prius prime and those headlights are super bright so I wanted something as good or better. Good to know!

I just hope that all of us being picky on here doesn't cause Tesla a lot of hassle with rejected deliveries...but that's not our problem. If they would communicate the changes better then we would know what we're getting.

Surely they will keep thousands of the "old" lights in stock for collision damage repair and warranty claims.