Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned! 140286...Highest I've seen yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hope that all of us being picky on here doesn't cause Tesla a lot of hassle with rejected deliveries...but that's not our problem. If they would communicate the changes better then we would know what we're getting.

Surely they will keep thousands of the "old" lights in stock for collision damage repair and warranty claims.
I don’t mind them having the hassle since they still haven’t contacted me about the LRRWD with my $2,500 interest free loan that I have in addition to raising the price $1,000 last night while I am waiting for the new headlights, probably my fault for not upgrading earlier and putting a hold on my order. I was just going to wait until the new headlights were confirmed and upgrade to AWD but guess not with the $1,000 increase as I will wait for potential tax credit..

Got my VIN yesterday 5YJYGDEE9MF143XXX for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* Blk Interior
* No tow Hitch

Taking delivery March 10th - 13th (home delivery I think). I am only about 45 minutes from Tesla Fremont, but an order I cancelled a week ago with VIN 127366 was being delivered to my home.

I have asked my sales guy about the headlights and a more specific time/date for pickup. No reply yet
My delivery is set for March 12th, sales guy informed me the build date is March 9th. No info on headlights, so fingers crossed but I am not banking on them.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
How exactly did you reject? And for what reason did you reject?

There were 2 spots in the paint, a scuff on the rear bumper and a scuff on the rear tail light. The scuffs were not a problem since they were plastic pieces that could easily be replaced. However, the rep said the paint spots would require a service appointment to have the areas re-painted. I was not thrilled and asked him my options..... He told me I could accept the car and get the work completed or I could reject the car and be put back in the queue for another car. I chose to reject..... Not that it was a deal breaker but the 122XXX had the old console as well.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Ordered 3/10 (8 hours before price increase). VIN 142xxx assigned 90 mins later. Locked in lower rate with Chase just by asking Tesla finanace. Insurance and downpayment processed today. Delivery scheduled Monday. I could have done delivery on Sunday but I'm getting my 2nd vaccine shot on Saturday morning and expect not to feel great on Sunday. LR AWD Blue with Black Int. 19 inch wheels. It's replacing a Volvo XC60, which is very similar in size within an inch in most dimensions. I've been a Volvo driver for 20 years mostly, but the lure of electrification is too great. Maybe I'll consider Volvo again when they have a more robust and longer range electric SUV line.

Reactions: btpdx and ratsbew
Hi there-waiting for my VIN but just curious about your charging situation-living on UWS and parking in a garage with no charger makes it complicated so Superchargers seem to be the only option for now.
Foew now I'm Charging at My moms place In Queens. She had solar put in a few years ago and they did a 14-50 outlet in the garage when they did that. But i plan to add a Charger at my house in the near future.

Also just confirmed with my sales advisor that the new headlights are performance only for the time being and defiantly not on my vehicle. Im thinking of Pushing out my delivery one more month and extending my Current Audi lease. Ive upgraded headlights in the past on my previous Audi's I'm not sure if it would be possible on these cars.

Foew now I'm Charging at My moms place In Queens. She had solar put in a few years ago and they did a 14-50 outlet in the garage when they did that. But i plan to add a Charger at my house in the near future.

Also just confirmed with my sales advisor that the new headlights are performance only for the time being and defiantly not on my vehicle. Im thinking of Pushing out my delivery one more month and extending my Current Audi lease. Ive upgraded headlights in the past on my previous Audi's I'm not sure if it would be possible on these cars.
If the "old" headlights are anything like what's on a 2018 Model 3, I wouldn't delay. The "old" headlights are amazing.

Yup between the new console and headlight, the newer console is a way bigger deal to me especially since I've been with the old console on my model 3 for 2 years. It looks so dated now. The "old" headlights are great and you're right unless the laws change we probably won't see a huge improvement. I wish someone with the newer headlights on the MYP would do a video and show us the improvement so we know once and for all.

Having said that I'm still going to wait for the newer headlights haha. I'm not in a rush and now that there's no more 1k discount definitely no rush in getting one. I just want the latest of everything

Just removed the hold on my order, now the weather is improving and snow tires shouldn't be necessary.

MY LR AWD, Blue, Black interior, 19' Wheels, no tow (will get it installed later)

VIN assigned within 30 minutes ...145xxx, Estimated delivery March 24th to March 30th

Sorry to anyone else in Maine, as releasing my order guarantees several feet more snow 😂

Just removed the hold on my order, now the weather is improving and snow tires shouldn't be necessary.

MY LR AWD, Blue, Black interior, 19' Wheels, no tow (will get it installed later)

VIN assigned within 30 minutes ...145xxx, Estimated delivery March 24th to March 30th

Sorry to anyone else in Maine, as releasing my order guarantees several feet more snow 😂

I have the exact same config minus the plan to install a tow hitch. Picking it up tomorrow in NY, so excited! I also got a VIN assigned in minutes, not days. Maybe there were a ton of extra Blue/Black/19s no one wanted but us?

Just got my VIN assigned this morning...145xxx

I'm getting a MY LR AWD, Blue, Black interior, 19' Wheels, tow package.

Estimated delivery March 30th.

Wabsa, see you in NJ!
I'm not sure I could wait until March 30th if it's available beforehand :) If it happens, we can convoy back north .

I dropped the tow hitch when the MY price dropped by $1000 as it allowed me to squeeze under the $50K to qualify for the Maine rebate, so it'll cost me $200 extra and some time, but I think that's a good trade off.

Car 140286 just showed on the lot. I looked it over. Looks to be very high quality from what I can inspect on the outside. Zero reasons to reject delivery unless a lot is wrong elsewhere. I'm wondering if the single piece "megacasting" is helping everything line up better?