Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned! 140286...Highest I've seen yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin 1608xx is the highest I've seen so far. Please let us know if it has the new projector headlights.
My SA already confirmed that my car does not come with the new lights. He did confirm that it has the following however:
Double pane glass
Updated console
Heated steering wheel
Auto dim side mirrors

It’s worth mentioning that he said no MYs built this or next quarter will come with the new headlights. He said that everyone was asking but that in his opinion - due to laws permitting their full use - that having them is truly not an upgrade at this point... not until the software updates the lense behavior- which won’t be anytime soon.

...that's the whole idea...
Yes, but just like a lot of Tesla people have been saying, it’s never the “right” or “better” time to buy one. One way or another, you will always be upset if you feel like you didn’t get feature A or B, the car is ever evolving and isn’t built/facelifted like traditional cars. In 6 months they’ll probably be a few other things that people who got theirs in Q1 will be jealous of. My logic is: okay, so I don’t have this.. but I have THAT. I dunno. People should be happy to have a Tesla and never need to pump gas again.

I ordered AWD, Pearl White, 7-seats, Induction wheels, White interior. VIN 151XXX was assigned yesterday scheduled for 3/26 delivery but we made a last minute color change and wanted to get MSM. SA told me he will find a match for me and delivery will be within last 3 days of March. Since Tesla is continuously updating parts as time goes you will never know when (NEW) parts will be on car until it delivers.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Yes, but just like a lot of Tesla people have been saying, it’s never the “right” or “better” time to buy one. One way or another, you will always be upset if you feel like you didn’t get feature A or B, the car is ever evolving and isn’t built/facelifted like traditional cars. In 6 months they’ll probably be a few other things that people who got theirs in Q1 will be jealous of. My logic is: okay, so I don’t have this.. but I have THAT. I dunno. People should be happy to have a Tesla and never need to pump gas again.
But the new Iphone 12.3A has a new flashlight I must have! Its illegal to use, but its new! Apple deactivated the function so they could sell it in America... if it breaks it'll cost me 1,500 more than if the same part broke on my Iphone 12.3.

US gov might legalize it in 30 years... by then the phone will be obsolete... BUT I HAVE TO HAVE IT...

Ps, did your iphone 12.Y Q1 phone come with it!?!

• Funny
Reactions: AlexHung
She’s here! Her name is SparkPlug.

Attachments

• 5803FDE9-E227-4E76-88BB-ED2EFAA82300.jpeg
    5803FDE9-E227-4E76-88BB-ED2EFAA82300.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: asaulo1 and ratsbew
My SA already confirmed that my car does not come with the new lights. He did confirm that it has the following however:
Double pane glass
Updated console
Heated steering wheel
Auto dim side mirrors

It’s worth mentioning that he said no MYs built this or next quarter will come with the new headlights. He said that everyone was asking but that in his opinion - due to laws permitting their full use - that having them is truly not an upgrade at this point... not until the software updates the lense behavior- which won’t be anytime soon.

I can guarantee you that even corporate wouldnt be able to give you a firm answer on when it will completely switch over (POR dates change all the time), and absolutely certain that SAs wouldn't even be privy to a high level plan. Information like this is too sensitive to be spread widely. Thats just not how businesses are run.

I can guarantee you that even corporate wouldnt be able to give you a firm answer on when it will completely switch over (POR dates change all the time), and absolutely certain that SAs wouldn't even be privy to a high level plan. Information like this is too sensitive to be spread widely. Thats just not how businesses are run.
It was an SA memo that supposedly leaked in October last year that has everyone convinced MY LR and SR will get them...

But the new Iphone 12.3A has a new flashlight I must have! Its illegal to use, but its new! Apple deactivated the function so they could sell it in America... if it breaks it'll cost me 1,500 more than if the same part broke on my Iphone 12.3.

US gov might legalize it in 30 years... by then the phone will be obsolete... BUT I HAVE TO HAVE IT...

Ps, did your iphone 12.Y Q1 phone come with it!?!
😑

Congrats! Awesome feeling taking one of these home!
In my case, I randomly updated the app on my phone and suddenly my car popped up. I thought, “Cool! It’s at the pickup location!” Then I checked the map and saw it parked in front of my house! 😳. I’ve never flown off the couch that fast in life. There she was! Right before my eyes! An experience I’ll never forget. My SA told me that it wouldn’t be available until the next day. I’m not sure if that was true or just a ruse to get me distracted from their surprise.

In my case, I randomly updated the app on my phone and suddenly my car popped up. I thought, “Cool! It’s at the pickup location!” Then I checked the map and saw it parked in front of my house! 😳. I’ve never flown off the couch that fast in life. There she was! Right before my eyes! An experience I’ll never forget. My SA told me that it wouldn’t be available until the next day. I’m not sure if that was true or just a ruse to get me distracted from their surprise.
Where did you see a map of your car's location? Mine is due on Monday and I haven't seen anything show up on the app at all, just the welcome screen, nothing about having purchased a car or anything, so I'd live to know where it is (yes I'm impatient :))

Where did you see a map of your car's location? Mine is due on Monday and I haven't seen anything show up on the app at all, just the welcome screen, nothing about having purchased a car or anything, so I'd live to know where it is (yes I'm impatient :))
Once the welcome screen goes away you will see all the information/controls. This only happens when the rep dropping the car off “pushes” the update to your account.

Reactions: Wabsa