Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned! 140286...Highest I've seen yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a VIN of 5YJYGDEE5MF140286 for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* White Interior
* Tow Hitch

Delivery date says March 15-21. I'm in the St. Louis area.

I don't expect to take delivery of this VIN unless I can confirm (visually by going to the delivery center) that it has the updated LED headlights.

Also, I'm doing a cash payment, to I have to submit my info on the website or can I pay by check in person after I inspect the car?

Reactions: geekfam
Congrats! Curious when you placed your order?

So far I don't believe there have been any reports of new headlights on non-performance models. I will caution that deliveries (at least in the midwest) are now reporting up to 10 weeks. So if you do skip delivery of this one there's a chance you might be waiting into May.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
There a few people on the Model Y FB group that have reported a 140-ish VIN in the past day or so. One of them has a 141xxx VIN, since I inquired about their location (east coast). All of them are awaiting delivery and nobody has seen their cars yet either.

It's safe to say that the 140xxx VINs are early March builds, so if these don't have the new headlights then there's a good chance that none of the LR's that are still being built (like my car) will have the new headlights. But I guess we'll all see here real soon.

Just got a VIN of 5YJYGDEE5MF140286 for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* White Interior
* Tow Hitch

Delivery date says March 15-21. I'm in the St. Louis area.

I don't expect to take delivery of this VIN unless I can confirm (visually by going to the delivery center) that it has the updated LED headlights.

Also, I'm doing a cash payment, to I have to submit my info on the website or can I pay by check in person after I inspect the car?

Mine is 141,0xx. Ordered on 28 January, build date was 3 March, VIN assigned 4 March, and I was given 18-21 March to schedule pickup. I chose the 18th of course, lol.

I haven't seen anyone take delivery of one over 135xxx and none that were made in March. My SA seems tho think that all March 2021 and later built MY's will have the new headlights. He said that the MYP's got them first because they used the last old ones in the beginning of the MYP batch and have switched all future batches to the new ones.

Got my VIN yesterday 5YJYGDEE9MF143675 for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* Blk Interior
* No tow Hitch

Taking delivery March 10th - 13th (home delivery I think). I am only about 45 minutes from Tesla Fremont, but an order I cancelled a week ago with VIN 127366 was being delivered to my home.

I have asked my sales guy about the headlights and a more specific time/date for pickup. No reply yet

Got my VIN yesterday 5YJYGDEE9MF143XXX for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* Blk Interior
* No tow Hitch

Taking delivery March 10th - 13th (home delivery I think). I am only about 45 minutes from Tesla Fremont, but an order I cancelled a week ago with VIN 127366 was being delivered to my home.

I have asked my sales guy about the headlights and a more specific time/date for pickup. No reply yet

I ordered a 3 on Monday and got the VIN the same day. My son had a half day of school today, so we did back to back test drives of the 3 and Y and unexpectedly, I like the Y better for seating position with my messed up knee, significant comfort difference. I currently drive a Volvo SUV. Went grocery shopping and came home. It is now 90 mins after placing the order change in the Tesla store and I have a VIN already that says delivery between TODAY and March 15th. VIN is 142xxx. That's nuts! 90 mins for a VIN? LR Blue on Black. 19inch wheels.

Mine is 141,0xx. Ordered on 28 January, build date was 3 March, VIN assigned 4 March, and I was given 18-21 March to schedule pickup. I chose the 18th of course, lol.

I haven't seen anyone take delivery of one over 135xxx and none that were made in March. My SA seems tho think that all March 2021 and later built MY's will have the new headlights. He said that the MYP's got them first because they used the last old ones in the beginning of the MYP batch and have switched all future batches to the new ones.
lol a SA with an actual explanation. Not too sure but I think the march 1 builds do NOT have the new headlights. However, it makes sense because there was a HUGE influx of MYP builds last month all with new headlights so hopefully.......

I ordered a 3 on Monday and got the VIN the same day. My son had a half day of school today, so we did back to back test drives of the 3 and Y and unexpectedly, I like the Y better for seating position with my messed up knee, significant comfort difference. I currently drive a Volvo SUV. Went grocery shopping and came home. It is now 90 mins after placing the order change in the Tesla store and I have a VIN already that says delivery between TODAY and March 15th. VIN is 142xxx. That's nuts! 90 mins for a VIN? LR Blue on Black. 19inch wheels.
check the build date!!