Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin assigned but want to change MYLR to MYP? How is price adjusted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MYLR in Nov 2021 for 57k. White exterior and black interior.

I have vin and delivery date assigned.

However, I am really considering the MYP because of just 4k difference in current pricing compared to LR (66k vs 70k). Also would not mind silver exterior.

I dong care about delivery date. I can take it this week or next month. If I were to build a MYP today it shows Sept to October delivery.

If SA were to change my MYLR to MYP now, given that even I placed my order back in 2021, my LR locked in price of 57k, how would the price be adjusted? 4k price difference based on current config?

You will get the Nov 2021 price for the MYP. You can unmatch a VIN once but the second time I believe Tesla will cancel your order.

Also... MSM was $1K back in Oct/Nov 2021 so if you happen to switch to that color it won't be free like it is currently.

I decided to take the car as it is. With a 9k discounted price compared to today's price, I didn't think it was wise to take the risk.

Reactions: voxel
I also placed my order last December for MYLR. I got the vin today and it’s made in CA, was hoping it’s made in TX instead. Does your vin have the F before the 6 digits at the end?

F - Fremont
A - Austin

I just picked up an Austin build (and a Fremont build 1.5 months ago before that... long story). They are the same minus the parcel shelf and the improved Austin wipers. Gaps aren't perfect but vastly better than my first Y in 2021.

I ordered MYLR in Nov 2021 for 57k. White exterior and black interior.

I have vin and delivery date assigned.

However, I am really considering the MYP because of just 4k difference in current pricing compared to LR (66k vs 70k). Also would not mind silver exterior.

I dong care about delivery date. I can take it this week or next month. If I were to build a MYP today it shows Sept to October delivery.

If SA were to change my MYLR to MYP now, given that even I placed my order back in 2021, my LR locked in price of 57k, how would the price be adjusted? 4k price difference based on current config?
Since you’re also in MA, is yours manufactured from CA too?