Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assigned for MYP, delivery soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After succumbing to paralysis by analysis, I placed a MYLR order in June. I debated between a MY and MS for a long time. But ultimately, I like a smaller sportier feel of a car. All of the criticism saying the MYP is a harsh ride, scared me away. I finally test drove one yesterday and immediately changed my order to a MYP. That bumped up delivery from December to next week.

For anyone reading and concerned with the ride of MYP, if the drive you like is a Lexus LS450, then say away, its not for you. But if you like a sporty car, its fantastic and your back won't hurt from driving it. I've owned LS450, RX450, Acura Legend, Integras, Accords, C class and many SUVs. I've driven the MS a ton. The MYP ride is just fine. If you want a "harsh" ride, try going over bumps in my F250. :)

My plan is to swap out the 21" for 18/19" wheels. Partly for a smoother ride, but mostly I just want more options for tire selection and to mimimize the recurring cost of replacement tires. I think the ride is just fine on the 21s though.

Its white and I plan to do pillar delete but no other wrap or PPF.

I plan to install the swivel screen. All weather floor mats.

Any other mods I'm missing?! I wasn't prepared to take delivery so soon!

My VIN is F552

Older MYPs had harsher suspension. It was improved this year, I find it quite decent. It's not as comfortable as my old ID.4, but that's to be expected. Congrats on the quick VIN.
Yeah, if you like "feeling" the road, as I do, its great. I like feeling connected to the road. The MS with adaptive air rides like a cloud, but that's not for me for a daily driver. I prefer the stiffer feel with tighter steering.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Totally agree with you on MYP suspension.

If your car doesn't come with this from the factory then get it (or something similar).

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and Zalick
Congratulations! The 2022 MYP is the best vehicle I’ve owned by far. Nothing else even comes close to the performance, comfort, and fun of driving it. Here’s some items that I bought for mine: Tesla Lug nut wheel locks, All weather floor, frunk, and rear storage mats, Jack pucks, 2 center console organizers, an ac power adapter to charge a laptop, gaming controller, emergency glass breaker/seatbelt cutter, windshield sunshade and roof sunshade (for summer heat), Tesla flat tire repair kit, Hansshow carbon fiber dash, Silicone license plate frame. If you want more places to fastcharge there’s the new Tesla CCS adapter, Lastly if you want to charge at an RV park in either a 30 or 50 amp plug I suggest both the Tesla 14-50 plug adapter and a Camco 55448 Electric Vehicle Dogbone Adapter with PowerGrip Handles, 30-Amp Male to 50-Amp Female, 18-inch - Safely Converts Your Electrical Connection Type https://a.co/d/2iCA57l Cheers!

Reactions: T35SLA