Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assigned - Fremont Model Y Performance - Defer for Austin Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning, I got my Model Y Performance VIN, with delivery August 15-18. So it's coming. I looked online, and can't find the answers to some of my questions:
- about when will the Model Y Performance ship from Austin?
- what are the main differences between the 2 MYs from Austin and Freemont - 1) Structural Battery Pack and 2) 4680s and 3) trunk cover - anything else?
- not sure if my price will go up if I defer delivery of the car, on the bet it may come from Austin in the next 6 months or so
Any advice would be great, I am looking forward to the car, but don't urgently need it now.
Thanks!

This morning, I got my Model Y Performance VIN, with delivery August 15-18. So it's coming. I looked online, and can't find the answers to some of my questions:
- about when will the Model Y Performance ship from Austin?
- what are the main differences between the 2 MYs from Austin and Freemont - 1) Structural Battery Pack and 2) 4680s and 3) trunk cover - anything else?
- not sure if my price will go up if I defer delivery of the car, on the bet it may come from Austin in the next 6 months or so
Any advice would be great, I am looking forward to the car, but don't urgently need it now.
Thanks!
I got my VIN on Monday as well and my delivery window is the same as yours - MYP as well.
Our cars are on the same train it looks like.

I went through this a year ago. Glad I didn't wait to take delivery. Even if you delay, there is no guarantee you will get new features. You may just be wasting your time or risk Tesla cancelling your order and sending you to the back of the line with current pricing.

Thanks for the advice! I took delivery and the car is awesome! I do have a slight ridge on my steering wheel, wondering if anyone else has this. I made an appointment at Tesla for them to look.

Attachments

• 9ECCA750-6ADE-43B8-B966-9BB314EE3687.jpeg
    9ECCA750-6ADE-43B8-B966-9BB314EE3687.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 363
I would take fremont over Austin any day. Also just read somewhere about all the issues the batteries from Austin are having, there was a thread on facebook group or somewhere where the guy is on his third battery and some of the comments mentioned similar issues from Austin. Can i verify no, but it seemed legit. I was crossing fingers for fremont and thankfully got that. Fremont has a lot of cars built, no matter how it seems Austin production is new and bound to have issues at first.