Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned - in the 100Ks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery at the Fremont factory on 12/31 of a Y with a VIN in the 102XXX range. Service advisor said it was probably built on the 30th and it had 3 miles on the ODO.

I didn't get the new headlights and I looked at every Y that was sitting in the delivery lot and none of them had the new headlights. No new console either, but I wasn't expecting it, but was pretty sure I was getting the new headlights.

Every Model 3 in the delivery lot had the new headlights.

Just curious what is everyones thoughts on the upcoming batches of Model Ys? I just ordered a Black / Black / Black on Jan 5th...Estimated delivery of Jan 20 - Feb 10th.

What is the likely hood of getting some of the changes / updates?

Just curious what is everyones thoughts on the upcoming batches of Model Ys? I just ordered a Black / Black / Black on Jan 5th...Estimated delivery of Jan 20 - Feb 10th.

What is the likely hood of getting some of the changes / updates?

I am so confused by this..... my order just showed up with estimated delivery of Jan 18 - Feb 15!

the sale rep ( and some thread in the forum ) has said that the factory will produce for European market after 1/1, so order placed in late dec. or after late dec, will have to wait for the patch in later Feb.

Apparently the factory suppose to switch back for US consumption in mid Feb.

I am willing to wait to Feb or March if MY will have the heated steering wheel!!
What should I do? Can I hold my order?

I am so confused by this..... my order just showed up with estimated delivery of Jan 18 - Feb 15!

the sale rep ( and some thread in the forum ) has said that the factory will produce for European market after 1/1, so order placed in late dec. or after late dec, will have to wait for the patch in later Feb.

Apparently the factory suppose to switch back for US consumption in mid Feb.

I am willing to wait to Feb or March if MY will have the heated steering wheel!!
What should I do? Can I hold my order?
haha everyone has this question with no clear answer.
SA's will say that they stop production in the US for the european market but many believe that's not the case with the MY due to its high demand.

We are hoping they will start producing new updated MY's sometime this month or FEB. The only way to know is to wait for someone to take delivery or check out the car yourself. You can always say no.

Also, you can easily let your SA know you don't want a car yet and push it back a month. I've done this already many times.

• Informative
Reactions: laughMan
I just switched my Model 3 order to a Y SR this morning. The website shows 2-5 weeks for CA which my SA was surprised about .. he expected it would be longer than that.

Additionally I asked him about putting a hold until I see that the center console update is in, but he suggested just leaving it open and if I get assigned without the console to just call in and drop the VIN. so .. I guess I'll go that route. I don't mind skipping the new headlights but that piano black console/door accent has got to go..

And this could be why they don’t want to advertise new enhancements that are either coming off the line now or in the near future. They don’t want to stop people from taking delivery of cars already produced without the updates.

I ordered a black / black / black model Y last week. I have been assigned a 100xx VIN and received a text stating the vehicle is en route to my local service center (estimated delivery was 2-5 weeks from order).

I may have to pass on this vehicle as Tesla changed the price of my trade in which was not in my favor. Well c after I have some more conversations this week although I am not optimistic.

I ordered a black / black / black model Y last week. I have been assigned a 100xx VIN and received a text stating the vehicle is en route to my local service center (estimated delivery was 2-5 weeks from order).

I may have to pass on this vehicle as Tesla changed the price of my trade in which was not in my favor. Well c after I have some more conversations this week although I am not optimistic.

Have you considered selling it to Carmax, Carvana, or Vroom? For me, Vroom is offering the most, followed by Carvana, and Tesla trade is offering the least amount.