Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned - in the 100Ks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha nice.

YOu have your delivery checklist ready?!? Get your floor mats too lol. I wanna feel how you feel. Make sure to take tons of photos. Hopefully it has all the new updates.

No and no! Unless the car is a complete disaster, I won’t be rejecting it.

I have bought three things for it so far. A Tesla 14-50 adapter so I can hook up to my 14-50 NEMA in the garage, a charger cable organizer for the garage, and a $10 center console organizer. I’m tempted to go with some 3DMaxpider mats but haven’t yet - I’ll get the car first lol

No and no! Unless the car is a complete disaster, I won’t be rejecting it.

I have bought three things for it so far. A Tesla 14-50 adapter so I can hook up to my 14-50 NEMA in the garage, a charger cable organizer for the garage, and a $10 center console organizer. I’m tempted to go with some 3DMaxpider mats but haven’t yet - I’ll get the car first lol

Don't buy the Mats before the car like I did as Tesla changed the seat mounting point so my mats don't fit quite as well anymore..

Reactions: Glendale MY
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the Tesla community and have enjoyed educating myself through the forums. Long story short, I ordered a black/black/black MY PUP yesterday and to my surprise woke up to a text saying it was ready to schedule delivery (despite the 6-10 week estimate).

I checked my account and the vin 987XX. Based on what I've read here, it seems like this is likely a late 2020 build that won't have some of the minor upgrades (steering wheel, additional wood paneling, console update, headlights, etc). I've also read that this is probably a car that someone else rejected. Should I be looking for anything in particular when I go to check out the car? Would you even bother going in? Or would you just defer...?

Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the Tesla community and have enjoyed educating myself through the forums. Long story short, I ordered a black/black/black MY PUP yesterday and to my surprise woke up to a text saying it was ready to schedule delivery (despite the 6-10 week estimate).

I checked my account and the vin 987XX. Based on what I've read here, it seems like this is likely a late 2020 build that won't have some of the minor upgrades (steering wheel, additional wood paneling, console update, headlights, etc). I've also read that this is probably a car that someone else rejected. Should I be looking for anything in particular when I go to check out the car? Would you even bother going in? Or would you just defer...?
No one can answer the question for you. It depends on how much those items mean to you.

Nice, hopefully it has all of the new changes..

I just picked up my 2021 white LR AWD Model Y with 19" induction wheels last night in Scottsdale AZ. VIN 105xxx. Fit and finish was surprisingly good although will reinspect today under daylight conditions.

My SA had said he believed it would have refresh features but although it has the laminated glass windows it still has rubber scroll wheels, no glovebox sentry mode USB, no auto dimming side mirrors, and glossy center console so I'm a little bummed.

I accepted delivery so I can't return it and wait for ra refreshed model. Can/will Tesla update any of those physical items later?

• Informative
Reactions: Undisclosed
I just picked up my 2021 white LR AWD Model Y with 19" induction wheels last night in Scottsdale AZ. VIN 105xxx. Fit and finish was surprisingly good although will reinspect today under daylight conditions.

My SA had said he believed it would have refresh features but although it has the laminated glass windows it still has rubber scroll wheels, no glovebox sentry mode USB, no auto dimming side mirrors, and glossy center console so I'm a little bummed.

I accepted delivery so I can't return it and wait for ra refreshed model. Can/will Tesla update any of those physical items later?
VINs make very little sense to me. I have 75xxx built on 11/26 and delivered in early December with all the updates of the time (USB, steering wheel, windows).

the fact that you have 19” induction wheel, i have no choose but believe everything you said .....

Interesting a 105XXX vin doesn't have the glovebox sentry usb and dimming side mirrors that we have been seeing in the last 20K or so cars...

Reactions: Giraffe950
23553585-1683-4419-82EB-0EC9FB8F42E7.jpeg
4C068B8E-3306-4EEA-8C31-1AEFFAC9937A.jpeg
23553585-1683-4419-82EB-0EC9FB8F42E7.jpeg
Picked it up yesterday! Car is great and loving it so far. I was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday (1/20) but drove by the sales center to see the car sitting just outside the showroom on display. So I went inside to see if I could take delivery sooner, and they said “absolutely - how about today?” (my sales advisor was out until Wednesday so I think that’s why my delivery was set for that day). It was my birthday yesterday so I was pretty thrilled!

The car is great! Really happy with the build quality and didn’t noticed anything that stuck out when going through my checklist (I used the one linked on this thread).

So what’s updated on mine (VIN 102XXX) with all the rumored upcoming updates: It’s got the original black piano finished console, the steering wheel with the medal buttons (there is no heated option in the climate settings but hoping that pops up with a software update), double paned glass, the original headlights, I’m assuming it does not have the new HEPA filter either.

I would have loved to have some of those options, but more than anything, I delayed the purchase of the Y for Tesla to improve build quality and as I said, mine is built very well. I also wanted to wait until the turn of the year to avoid the Missouri personal property tax until 2022, which I did by not owning it on 12/31/20.

So all things considered, I’m thrilled! Such a great experience all around and can’t wait to enjoy the car every day! Good luck to all you waiting - it’s worth it!

View attachment 628825 the steering wheel with the metal buttons (there is no heated option in the climate settings but hoping that pops up with a software update)
What software version do you have? Looks like those with heated steering wheel software are on 2020.39.110. Your picture of the steering wheel without the two top seams matches up with those who do have the software, so people are indeed speculating a later software update will enable it. And just to note that newer software releases doesn't necessarily have all the functionality of previous versions, so Tesla might hold off on updates if it would remove functionality of the factory version.

What software version do you have? Looks like those with heated steering wheel software are on 2020.39.110. Your picture of the steering wheel without the two top seams matches up with those who do have the software, so people are indeed speculating a later software update will enable it. And just to note that newer software releases doesn't necessarily have all the functionality of previous versions, so Tesla might hold off on updates if it would remove functionality of the factory version.

I updated to the latest software last night and am now on "2020.48.30" . I didn't make note of what I was previously on before I updated but I did check where the heated seats and/or heated wheel area is on the climate control screen. The heated wheel was not an option on whatever software I was running yesterday before I updated. And obviously, it's not showing up on the latest update.

No one can answer the question for you. It depends on how much those items mean to you.

It ended up being moot...I went to take delivery and the vehicle had a misaligned tail light (lots of condensation in it) as well as substantial scratches on the bumper and a deep, 2in scratch on the paint that you probably couldn't buff out. I ended up rejecting delivery so now I'll be waiting another few weeks anyways...

It ended up being moot...I went to take delivery and the vehicle had a misaligned tail light (lots of condensation in it) as well as substantial scratches on the bumper and a deep, 2in scratch on the paint that you probably couldn't buff out. I ended up rejecting delivery so now I'll be waiting another few weeks anyways...

sorry to hear that.
but i would do the same.
hopefully you don’t have to wait too long.
And tesla need to implement something to improve the post factory care.
I understand that they are improving assembly inside the factory, but if they keep allowing scratch to happen, it is not going to build confidence in consumer

sorry to hear that.
but i would do the same.
hopefully you don’t have to wait too long.
And tesla need to implement something to improve the post factory care.
I understand that they are improving assembly inside the factory, but if they keep allowing scratch to happen, it is not going to build confidence in consumer

I think scratches and other QA issues are a fact of life for most auto manufactures. The difference is that most others have solid QA inspections before shipping from the factory. Cars found with issues are repaired at the factory prior to shipping. Tesla has adapted a ship anyway and fix later policy. I am not sure their cars are worse than most others as they roll off the line. It’s company policy from the top to ship ASAP without QA and proper repairs. This creates a “Do you feel lucky” issue for the consumer. In addition dealers are required to do a extensive inspection when they receive a car and correct any issues before the car is released for sale. See sample dealer PDI.

Attachments

• 2EF90142-09E5-47E3-B1B0-90ECBEB68BE9.jpeg
    2EF90142-09E5-47E3-B1B0-90ECBEB68BE9.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited: