Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin assigned, ordered a week ago Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i ordered last week, and now i saw a MVPA uploaded to my account and a VIN, does that mean that the car is already done manufactured and is waiting to be delivered in this upcoming week?

I ordered a s performance, it says 15 miles odometer in my MVPA so i know its not a used performance they had or had sitting around due to a refund or something.

But is it possible that this car was refunded or cancelled after being manufactured, and now is being assigned to me? is that why its manufactured already

Where do I check for this.

I decoded my vin on teslatap and it says this for battery -
7 Battery Type E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric

The info would be on the battery pack itself, I think. That's just an identifier that it's an electric car in the VIN.

But Tesla's don't spend a lot of time sitting around a lot. They tend to be largely cleared out each quarter, especially with the pandemic that shut down the plant earlier this year. If it's software, than it'll either be loaded before you get it, or you'll be able to load it after receipt.

You can check your number, and see where it pops on the manufacturing date. That's on the car itself, so you won't know until you get it, but you could possibly try to find the closest numbers already dated and compare. They make about 10k model S each quarter or so, so it should be able to roughly estimate the production date.

So after calling Tesla, they said that VIN is assigned during production, so how many days does it take to produce the car? im guessing just a few days hope to have a delivery next friday or something.

It's not so much how long it takes to make, it depends on where you live. Near Fremont? Easy day. Florida? Ehhhh.

A lot of US deliveries tend to happen in the last month of the quarter after they finished building and shipping out the overseas orders, and this quarter ends in September. The further away you are, the longer it'll take, similar if you're in a remote location further away.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok