Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assigned over 10 days, EDD constantly moving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - So I know EDDs move back and forth based on their delivery schedules and delays that we are all accustomed to. But I have a VIN assigned to me for over 10 days and every morning the 4 day EDD window moves by a day. Today it is April 19-23, tomorrow I am sure this will be April 20-24. Has anyone had that experience? Wonder what is causing this constant delay to a known VIN. Hope there is not a big manufacturing issue/ defect that they are trying to fix. Should I pass on it?

Reactions: sukhi
I am im the same boat since March 25th. I have covered this in the main thread. After a dozen helpful calls, I finally heard that ,y car is in some sort of production hold at the factory waiting on some “undisclosed” resolution etc. quite frustrating TBH

There WAS a Airbag recall that slowed things down for the first half of April. It could be the cause for the hold up..
I wouldn’t pass sight unseen, it should come in sooner than later and you can at least inspect it and make sure everything looks good.

4B886786-AA45-4C39-B45A-3F884CF96896.jpeg

Reactions: allaboutEV
Hey all - So I know EDDs move back and forth based on their delivery schedules and delays that we are all accustomed to. But I have a VIN assigned to me for over 10 days and every morning the 4 day EDD window moves by a day. Today it is April 19-23, tomorrow I am sure this will be April 20-24. Has anyone had that experience? Wonder what is causing this constant delay to a known VIN. Hope there is not a big manufacturing issue/ defect that they are trying to fix. Should I pass on it?
I experienced this and described it on the TMC Podcast #6. I finally got my car a week after the initial VIN. However, I received no notification of this VIN, or that they scheduled the pickup for 4 PM the day I got the VIN when I was 200 miles away.

I experienced this and described it on the TMC Podcast #6. I finally got my car a week after the initial VIN. However, I received no notification of this VIN, or that they scheduled the pickup for 4 PM the day I got the VIN when I was 200 miles away.
2 peeps have said their impending del'y includes matrix headlights, per their SA. Man I hope this turns out to be true.