Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assigned with delivery confirmation then VIN removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ordered an inventory 2021 model y which was out of state. Did agree to pay transportation costs too. Few hours later got order confirmation email along with order confirmation with delivery date from Tesla Advisor. One day later advisor sends text that my vehicle will not be delivered to state I live in.
Not sure why it can’t be delivered even when I am ready to pay transportation.

Advisor mentioned that I cannot even pick car in another City and shipping from Another city to my hometown is also not possible according to tesla policy.

Need advice how to proceed from here as there is no inventory which matches by build configuration :(

thanks!!

This exact thing happened to me last July. My vin showed back on my account within a few days. However, Louisiana has a law that prevents car companies from delivering into the state if they do not have dealerships in Louisiana. My car had to be delivered to the Service Center in Houston. I could not go over there to pick it up because Tesla couldn't issue me a temporary tag. The car was delivered to my house via Hot Shot delivery truck.

Also, I had to go a State DMV office and register the car and pay the Louisiana fees and sales taxes. Then I could mount my plate and actually DRIVE my new car.

Reactions: bet_america