Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting how the VINs are showing up. I've seen some people with 10k plus weeks ago and you just got your's in the 8k. I'm wondering if they are just building a bunch and if your car matches you might be getting one of those sitting in the lot that are lower vin numbers made earlier.
Pretty sure that's exactly what's happening. They make color/wheel build lots and surplus sits if there is no immediate need. Also, VINs are assigned to these lots, so they are not necessarily built in numerical order.

Interesting how the VINs are showing up. I've seen some people with 10k plus weeks ago and you just got your's in the 8k. I'm wondering if they are just building a bunch and if your car matches you might be getting one of those sitting in the lot that are lower vin numbers made earlier.
Very good point! I'd be curious to see manufacture date.

I'm selling my S and switching to the 3 for practicality reasons... I thought I'd be bummed, but I'm actually pretty stoked, especially seeing as my VIN was just assigned today... It's in the 8000s :D

Whoah. I just confirmed my Model 3 order on March 23rd (was invited to on 3/22), and I just checked my profile - I have a VIN! It's in the 73XX range. No idea what this means, but it feels like progress! BTW, I selected "Cash payment" too, not sure if that made any difference.

I'm in NYC, stood in line on 3/31/16 to reserve and am not a current owner.

And I'm really going to need to sort out my charging options soon... :)

Reactions: Asad1087 and VBruce