Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My edit config link disappeared on 6/21, exactly 10 weeks after I placed the order on 4/12. ISA email on 6/22 and he confirmed the car rolled out of the factory on 6/21 and is in transit to Bellevue.

Delivery scheduled for 6/30.
Ordered: 4/12
Red, 19'' Sport
VIN: 357xx

Nice. Will hopefully find out tomorrow what the production date is/was for mine. Its headed to Littleton due do an awful law in New Mexico ("Franchise Act of 1997").

After initial ISA contact how long did it take for a follow up? I received an E-mail Thursday (6/21) and responded late Thursday with the additional information to confirm ISA questions ( Loan Information, trade in, delivery location ).

I don't want to be a pest but I definitely want to get my delivery date squared away so I can follow up with my insurance and loan. What is everyones experience?

Ordered 3/31/16
Invite:4/10
Configured 4/23 Deep Blue Metallic, LR, PUP, RWD, 19” sports wheels, no EAP, Bay Area
5/20 email: car ready in June
No VINso far
No contacts nor new emails
Edit Button still there
1 more week to go In June

Expect either an email or contact next week or another delay to July.

My Edit Config link disappeared today (6/25) which is 8 weeks after I placed my order. Happy day is near.

My edit config button disappeared overnight. Super excited. Waiting for vin/delivery date.
3/31/16 - reserved
3/22/18 - invite
6/3/18 - config
6/25/18 - edit button disappeared
MSM, Aero, RWD, EAP
Tempe, AZ

Got the call this evening. Isa is saying it can be a 7/2 delivery. Way quicker than I thought based on everyone else on here. I haven’t even got the outlet installed yet.

Is it odd that she wouldn’t give me the vin until I confirmed financing?

She also said that they can’t finance through Tesla in AZ anymore due to a law change...didn’t know that either.

Got the call this evening. Isa is saying it can be a 7/2 delivery. Way quicker than I thought based on everyone else on here. I haven’t even got the outlet installed yet.

She also said that they can’t finance through Tesla in AZ anymore due to a law change...didn’t know that either.

Probably similar to New Mexico. By handling the financing they would be selling the car. Since this violates an asinine law they can't do it.

Given that my car seems on a similar schedule I hope they schedule the delivery in Littleton for next week.

Reactions: AZatul

Use Lightstream or local AZ credit union. My friend and I got sub 3%. I've heard mixed reviews about Tesla financing, so I stuck with who I typically use. I'll have to read into the law change. I'm also in AZ and haven't heard about this yet.

Reactions: AZatul
My edit button also disappeared around mid-day today.

3/31/16 In line reservation
2/22/18 Invitation
5/1/18 Configured (Waited for AWD, but didn't want to wait anymore)
Late May - Received email car will be ready in July
6/26/18 - Edit button disappears

RWD, White Paint, Sport rims, EAP
Oakland, CA

You lucky californians and your fast deliveries! Just found out today my car sat at the staging lot for one week after I paid for it. I talked to the delivery center and they still will probably be able to deliver at the end of the week.

At this point evidence is starting to mount against the theory that Tesla is hoarding cars for July.

Look at the delivery dates assigned for late June this week in the spreadsheets. I would think that they would be putting all of these off if they indeed were planning to ship the cars in Q3. Deliveries to Canada have also tapered.

Has to be 1 of 2 things in my opinion:
1. Tesla has hit 200k recently and does not care anymore (bull case)
2. Tesla is nowhere near 200k and in no danger of hitting it (bear case)

Hopefully its the bull case for their sake. I know people will be missing out in Q4, but at least the ramp has finally occurred and they will get one good quarter of full tax credit in.

Who knows though, we will find out soon either way.

Finalllllllllyyyy damn what a long wait! Something is happening...maybe contacted soon.

My edit button disappeared today last time I checked was at 10 am and edit was still there...checked again at 4 pm and gone.

3/31/16 - reserved
2/22/18 - invite
4/30/18 - config
5/20/18 - email delay to July
6/26/18 - edit button disappeared somewhere between 10 am - 4 pm
Red, Sport, EAP

• Love
Reactions: calvinvle