Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery today in Houston. Inspected the car as best as I could, and everything checked out fine, except for that one tire was not detailed for some reason. However, they quickly fixed that. Also, I had smudges on my screen that I could not easily wipe off so I thought something was wrong; however, turns out the little plastic film was still on the screen so that's a temporary protector and I'll be taking that off shortly. Delivery was easy and to be honest, a little anti-climatic but it was surreal finally driving the car home.

I experienced a problem on the drive home though. It was 95 degrees out, and I had the A/C on hard, but it never cooled/got cold on my 30 mile ride home eventhough it was certainly blowing hard, so that got me really worried. I did a hard reset when I got home, didn't help. I have been told to power off the vehicle from the menu screen, and then let it sit for 1-2 hours to let the compressor refresh, so hopefully that is resolved on its own soon. I am reading online it is not totally uncommon for that to happen but I was burning up sweating bullets on my drive home in the Texas summer heat, so that was disheartening. Also, I made a phone call and I heard severe echo-ing which I'm also reading on the forums here is commonly happening right now.

I literally pulled into my driveway and I had a neighbor stop by saying they saw pull in and were excited a Model 3 is on our street and they asked a ton of questions, and the husband said he had been debating making a reservation for a long while but is now sold.

IMG_7379.jpg
IMG_7381.jpg
IMG_7387.jpg

Finally took delivery today in Houston. Inspected the car as best as I could, and everything checked out fine, except for that one tire was not detailed for some reason. However, they quickly fixed that. Also, I had smudges on my screen that I could not easily wipe off so I thought something was wrong; however, turns out the little plastic film was still on the screen so that's a temporary protector and I'll be taking that off shortly. Delivery was easy and to be honest, a little anti-climatic but it was surreal finally driving the car home.

I experienced a problem on the drive home though. It was 95 degrees out, and I had the A/C on hard, but it never cooled/got cold on my 30 mile ride home eventhough it was certainly blowing hard, so that got me really worried. I did a hard reset when I got home, didn't help. I have been told to power off the vehicle from the menu screen, and then let it sit for 1-2 hours to let the compressor refresh, so hopefully that is resolved on its own soon. I am reading online it is not totally uncommon for that to happen but I was burning up sweating bullets on my drive home in the Texas summer heat, so that was disheartening. Also, I made a phone call and I heard severe echo-ing which I'm also reading on the forums here is commonly happening right now.

I literally pulled into my driveway and I had a neighbor stop by saying they saw pull in and were excited a Model 3 is on our street and they asked a ton of questions, and the husband said he had been debating making a reservation for a long while but is now sold.

View attachment 312980 View attachment 312981 View attachment 312982

That is a sharp looking color. Went back and forth between that and red but ultimately decided on red. Enjoy it! Still waiting on ISA contact here :(

Reactions: irishndude4
I am an existing X owner, ordering a decked out P version 3 I'm pretty sure I was one of the very first people yesterday to notice the config options had changed and placed my order before anyone posted the news on reddit/ etc...

12/28/16 - reserved
9/20/17 - purchased Inventory Model X
2/14/18- invite
6/26/18 - config
6/27/18 - "edit design" disappeared

seems a little quick for my "edit design" button to disappear... but maybe they needed more Ps to put down the line and I got my order in first :-O
Page says "Delivery between Aug. '18 - Oct. '18", but do I dare get my hopes up for a July Delivery?

I am an existing X owner, ordering a decked out P version 3 I'm pretty sure I was one of the very first people yesterday to notice the config options had changed and placed my order before anyone posted the news on reddit/ etc...

12/28/16 - reserved
9/20/17 - purchased Inventory Model X
2/14/18- invite
6/26/18 - config
6/27/18 - "edit design" disappeared

seems a little quick for my "edit design" button to disappear... but maybe they needed more Ps to put down the line and I got my order in first :-O
Page says "Delivery between Aug. '18 - Oct. '18", but do I dare get my hopes up for a July Delivery?
Since you'll be almost the first to know here, there's no one else to go off of, but I'm hoping the same as you: that a handful of early orderers will get July deliveries. Either that, or Tesla is doing something special in July, and August is what you'll get. I could be way off.

Since you'll be almost the first to know here, there's no one else to go off of, but I'm hoping the same as you: that a handful of early orderers will get July deliveries. Either that, or Tesla is doing something special in July, and August is what you'll get. I could be way off.
I think you are right.... we KNOW there will be P3Ds arriving in stores in July and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Elon confirmed July deliveries for early day 1 orders like Ryan Mcaffrey that already got placed when the performance config originally opened.... I could be misremembering that though

Just scheduled our delivery date (7/6) today. Was offered 7/5 but had work conflicts. Still no VIN. Was told that contract will come in 2-3 biz days.

4/13 invite
5/26 config
6/21 ISA first contact.
6/27 Delivery scheduled.
Blue, Aero, EAP

Looks awfully similar to my timeline, but I'm out in TX (where payment needed before they'll ship the thing...).

Currently:
4/6 invite
5/14 config
6/20 ISA first contact
6/21 VIN given in pro-forma MVPA
6/27 final payment given
TBD on delivery... ISA said 10-14 after final payment in original contact.

Black, Aero, EAP

Hello,

My first post here, I've been reading through these threads since I ordered my model 3. Got a VIN assigned today and wanted to share my data.

Reservation: 3/31/16 @11pm PST
Invite: 4/18
Config: 5/20 - Blue/Aero, no EAP
5/22 - Changed to Black/19inch, no EAP
5/24 - Changed to Black/Aero, no EAP
6/2 - Changed back to Blue/Aero, no EAP
Placed a few orders for accessories - Wall connector, Sun shade and aero caps.
Completed delivery profile and no edit button
Changed Trade in to Yes few days ago to get Edit button back
Today, no Edit button(only see your RN was ordered and generic blue car), called Tesla and they gave me my VIN
6/28 - VIN assigned: 368xx

I have a question: How do I find out if this was a rejected/problem VIN?

I'm now waiting for ISA contact.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Hello,

My first post here, I've been reading through these threads since I ordered my model 3. Got a VIN assigned today and wanted to share my data.

Today, no Edit button(only see your RN was ordered and generic blue car), called Tesla and they gave me my VIN

That is a very high VIN number, highly unlikely it is a rejected VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and Teslie
Update....

13 June - Configured
16 June - Edit button gone
17 June - Entered Finance and trade in details on Tesla site (as soon as it appeared)
19 June - Email from ISA saying I have a VIN.
20 June - Pro Forma MVPA received from ISA.
?????? - Final Contract
?????? - Delivery

Frustration! Emailed ISA on 25th of June to check status of Dealer Request so the bank can get paid and then we can schedule a delivery date and was told "I am now able to push through the contracts so that I can finish up with USAA in the next couple days. (I was not able to do this prior to now) but I am afraid I cannot firm up a delivery date at this time as there are still a few steps remaining for deliver."

Not sure why there would be a 'point' in which the contract was unavailable but here I am patiently waiting for something to happen while people elsewhere are literally placing their orders and getting their car 3 days later on the west coast (I'd live there if I could!).

Update....

13 June - Configured
16 June - Edit button gone
17 June - Entered Finance and trade in details on Tesla site (as soon as it appeared)
19 June - Email from ISA saying I have a VIN.
20 June - Pro Forma MVPA received from ISA.
?????? - Final Contract
?????? - Delivery

Frustration! Emailed ISA on 25th of June to check status of Dealer Request so the bank can get paid and then we can schedule a delivery date and was told "I am now able to push through the contracts so that I can finish up with USAA in the next couple days. (I was not able to do this prior to now) but I am afraid I cannot firm up a delivery date at this time as there are still a few steps remaining for deliver."

Not sure why there would be a 'point' in which the contract was unavailable but here I am patiently waiting for something to happen while people elsewhere are literally placing their orders and getting their car 3 days later on the west coast (I'd live there if I could!).
Good thing you didn't order in April or you would be off the rails! lol! Congrats on your order, communications and Vin number!

Hello,

Our VIN was made known to us via email 6/21 in the 31xxx range. Pretty good gap! (we configured and ordered 5/18)

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
That is a very high VIN number, highly unlikely it is a rejected VIN.

Thanks! Good to know.
Our VIN was made known to us via email 6/21 in the 31xxx range. Pretty good gap! (we configured and ordered 5/18)

From what I've read, there is no sequence to the VIN and date of order. Some folks have been assigned a low VIN recently too.

I haven't been contacted by my ISA yet, I had called Tesla because I wanted to get an update and the person I spoke to checked and told me I had a VIN and sent it to me via email. I'm still waiting for ISA to contact me.