Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received VIN 127XX today at 5:40pm!

MSM, Aero, EAP, Portland OR
2/21 Invite
2/21 Config
3/21 VIN Assigned. 127XX

I took a chance and called Tesla today. Same answer as everyone else. Your VIN will arrive soon and all of your online paperwork is in order and complete. I was worried my private loan lock would expire soon. 8 hours later I had a VIN. Now the wait for the call for a delivery date begins!

Whoa! That's a high vin. Be sure to get it in the tracker. Congrats to a fellow Portlander.

2/21 Invite
2/21 Config
3/21 VIN Assigned. 127XX

I took a chance and called Tesla today. Same answer as everyone else. Your VIN will arrive soon and all of your online paperwork is in order and complete. I was worried my private loan lock would expire soon. 8 hours later I had a VIN. Now the wait for the call for a delivery date begins!

Reactions: Vern Padgett
SF based and my delivery center will be Fremont.
Yeah, I took delivery today. My ISA told me that for the next week or two, they are scheduled to do 100 deliveries a day at the Fremont delivery center. In the 30 mins I was there (2pm), they had 4-5 deliveries going on. Nothing frantic or crazy busy, just a good steady flow of people going in and out. I tried to sneak in 30 min early to see if I could do it earlier so I could miss traffic on the way home, but they were booked pretty solid and we had to wait for our time slot. Since this was our second delivery though, it took us about 10 minutes to sign the papers and be on the road--pretty straightforward since we knew the car already. No additional paperwork was needed since delivery profile was complete. The first time, they still asked for driver license and insurance.

Today's process seems a bit more automated to handle more volume. Upon arrival, they try to do a walkthrough with you before you sign the paperwork (my first delivery was the other way around). The paperwork was better organized and also included instructions for a) tax credit, b) Ca rebate, and HOV stickers. Instead of having you drive it out from the big delivery warehouse (which is what we did last time), they pull it out front and then you drive off from the lot.

2/21 Invite
2/21 Config
3/21 VIN Assigned. 127XX

Holy cow, vroom vroom Tesla!

My ISA told me that for the next week or two, they are scheduled to do 100 deliveries a day at the Fremont delivery center.

That’s pretty impressive for just Fremont. If the 100 a day figure is accurate and you factor in all of the other deliveries around the country that will occur just next week then the last week of March alone may account for well over 2000 Model 3 deliveries. Good way to end the quarter, but of course the more important metric is their production rate for the last week of March. I predict 2100 a week at the end of Q1.

That’s pretty impressive for just Fremont. If the 100 a day figure is accurate and you factor in all of the other deliveries around the country that will occur just next week then the last week of March alone may account for well over 2000 Model 3 deliveries. Good way to end the quarter, but of course the more important metric is their production rate for the last week of March. I predict 2100 a week at the end of Q1.
Just to be clear that is 100 deliveries including X and S deliveries.

Holy cow! I got a call from Tesla that my car is ready for delivery. I got my VIN THIS morning!!! My first call from Tesla and they said I have to pick it up within 7 days as per terms. She repeated that 3 times actually! Trying to get all the paperwork in order. Still can't believe I may get it within a week. I'm still digesting the VIN news.

White/Aero/EAP
2/22 config
Bay Area
VIN assigned 3/21
Sweet there may still be hope for me!

Reactions: Vern Padgett
CONGRATS! Your receiving a VIN today gives me hope that mine may come within a few days. Same Red/Aero config as you. Also a 3/31/16 line waiter - but in San Diego. Probably within first 300 or so in line there. Safe travels wherever you are going.
Thanks. Now I think it's just a matter of your delivery center being clear for you, and them having red cars. It seemed like SD got some 2/22 cars before LA, but not red. You should get the next batch.

Holy cow! I got a call from Tesla that my car is ready for delivery. I got my VIN THIS morning!!! My first call from Tesla and they said I have to pick it up within 7 days as per terms. She repeated that 3 times actually! Trying to get all the paperwork in order. Still can't believe I may get it within a week. I'm still digesting the VIN news.

White/Aero/EAP
2/22 config
Bay Area
VIN assigned 3/21
Is this a new thing? 7 days from them offering you a delivery date? I guess it makes sense, since the car is probably sitting there.

My car isn't here yet, and I couldn't pick it up within 7 days anyway, so I guess the timing worked out for me.

2/21 Invite
2/21 Config
3/21 VIN Assigned. 127XX

Nice, I ordered same config on the same day so hopefully they will finish mine this week and get it on the long train ride to Florida

Reactions: UkrHog
Is this a new thing? 7 days from them offering you a delivery date? I guess it makes sense, since the car is probably sitting there.

I was honestly a little surprised by it as i didn’t come across anyone else mentioning that. But I received the VIN the same morning and was trying to figure out finances and other paper work. Was hesitant of doing that earlier and have it all expire if VIN didnt come in 30 days as happened to some. So when I was asking questions regarding that and my trade-in, my ISA kept repeating that I have to take delivery within 7 days per terms. So the tone she used kinda soured me a bit as she kept repeating that multiple times over and over as if I would wantingly delay my delivery. If ony she knew. Sheesh. The entire phone call was very “read off a script” with no sense of a human connection. Oh well. I can always find something to whine about I guess.

I was honestly a little surprised by it as i didn’t come across anyone else mentioning that. But I received the VIN the same morning and was trying to figure out finances and other paper work. Was hesitant of doing that earlier and have it all expire if VIN didnt come in 30 days as happened to some. So when I was asking questions regarding that and my trade-in, my ISA kept repeating that I have to take delivery within 7 days per terms. So the tone she used kinda soured me a bit as she kept repeating that multiple times over and over as if I would wantingly delay my delivery. If ony she knew. Sheesh. The entire phone call was very “read off a script” with no sense of a human connection. Oh well. I can always find something to whine about I guess.

The order agreement has the 7-day clause, and maybe they're not too worried about it but with the quarter-end approaching, being a little more strict about it. Here's the language from the order agreement:

Delivery. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. If you are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.​

we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center,

Except I never got that notification. No communication at all before your car is ready for delivery NOW and your 7 day clock starts NOW.

Im not complaining though. I would want my delivery sooner rather than later. Just wish she was nicer or a leetle bit pleasant to talk to, especially after all that anticipation.

But this is something interesting to consider for folks needing more time to arrange financing or availability due to travel plans etc.

But this is something interesting to consider for folks needing more time to arrange financing or availability due to travel plans etc.

Yes, I have some travel coming up as well towards the end of 6-week from when I configured, and really hope that my delivery date isn't delayed or VIN doesn't get reassigned because of that. I almost want the car before the quarter-end as well (though I configured too late for that), but I'll be out of town then too, so less anxious about that.

Reactions: pikachu