Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just joined...
Non-owner
Ordered: 3/31/2016 2:00p Las Vegas
Invite: 03/26/2018
Configured: 03/27/2018 (MSM, Premium, 18", Autopilot, Black Int)
No Financing
Trading in my 2008 FJ Cruiser (gas-hog!!)
No VIN yet
Also curious whether the trade-in is slowing things down...NO contact yet.
Additionally, sent in the form to get a quote on charging install 8 days ago. No contact on that either!

Reactions: RenMan68
3/31/16 Deposit, Las Vegas
Invite - 3/26/18, config 3/27/18
MSM, Black Int., full autopilot, aero wheels,
Still no VIN yet...and no response to request for charger install quote after 9 days
Is trade-in holding things up, seems like lots of faster turn-arounds...???

Do VINs get assigned throughout the day, or are all VINs that are assigned in a day assigned in a single batch? Do we even know? If they're assigned at a single time, what time of day is that? Wondering if we "need" to check our Tesla accounts multiple times a day or if it's just necessary to check it once a day. I know if won't change anything, but it would be nice to know as quick as possible that the order is progressing through the process without actually obsessing about it and checking a few times a day.

Reactions: RenMan68
Do VINs get assigned throughout the day, or are all VINs that are assigned in a day assigned in a single batch? Do we even know? If they're assigned at a single time, what time of day is that? Wondering if we "need" to check our Tesla accounts multiple times a day or if it's just necessary to check it once a day. I know if won't change anything, but it would be nice to know as quick as possible that the order is progressing through the process without actually obsessing about it and checking a few times a day.
Based on what people have posted here, it's definitely more than 1x per day. Some people have seen it happen "overnight", so there's at least one late night update and at least one update during the business day.

@Pieter Knispel ,

If you want to see how your fellow Canucks are doing, go here:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Assignment

Scroll to the bottom for the Canadian chart. The good news is most Canadian who reserved before 2018 have received an invite. The bad is that no Canadian have received a VIN.

Add your entry and encourage others to do so to get a better understanding of Tesla distribution patterns.
Question for you, why is silver so unpopular in Canada?

CJ

Thank you and yes, I have added the details to the spreadsheet! As to why Silver is so unpopular I cant quite say - though I will note it was my second choice after Multi Coat Red :)

Make sure you report it
Model 3 Invites

Oh, I think I reported it there, here, on Facebook, via multiple text threads and phone calls within 10 minute of seeing it. After doing a happy dance, of course.

giphy.webp