Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What worked well for me:
1. Check spreadsheet
2. If more than 10 people have configured after you configured and received their VIN &/or delivery then retail your Tesla sales rep
3. I gave him the facts and said I was disappointed as this week was week 4 and I don’t have a VIN, and delivery is 1-2 weeks from receiving a VIN, thus would miss 4 week estimate
4. Got a VIN assigned the next morning, this morning!
5. Email sales rep, and Call if you have their number (725) Vegas, or Call 888 number for tesla and tell them you got a vin and emailed rep and would like to speak to them
6. Got a call back within a few hours and delivery date set for next week 1/10/18.

Note for so cal: Costa Mesa only doing 2 model 3 delivery slots each day, rest of slots for S and X. Marina Del Ray sometimes will be quicker.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info. I'm being a bit impatient, it's only been 2 weeks since being configured but with other people configuring at the same time and taking delivery this Saturday to the same San Diego location as well it's a bit frustrating. Not sure I should be bugging my Sales rep yet.

What color did you get? Curious if there is a delay in certain colors, perhaps more people lined up for the new ones as they come off the line...im still waiting on my VIN as well and configured on the 23rd.

Black. I'd think that would be one of the most common...

My order still has financing sitting as Pending (everything else is completed), because I indicated I was using outside financing (doesn't seem like it, though; I'd think most are financing some amount). I wonder if that's the issue. Not sure how to mark it completed though...