Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh good - I got my VIN last week from a 1/17 order and it was also in 43XX and was puzzled why it was so low when others were in the 5000-6000 range. Glad at least one other person is in the same range as me.
I think they have 2 active productionlines for the model 3. So at almost times 2 different "ranges" are being serviced, at the moment I think productionline 1 , is doing a retooling to be able to service awd cars, and productionline2 is producing the 1262 cars of the vinrange 10061-11322. When your c

I think they have 2 active productionlines for the model 3. So at almost times 2 different "ranges" are being serviced, at the moment I think productionline 1 , is doing a retooling to be able to service awd cars, and productionline2 is producing the 1262 cars of the vinrange 10061-11322. When your c
When your car was produced, some 20+ days ago, productionline 1 was doing the 3560 cars of vinrange 4800-8400, while productionline was doing the 100 cars of vinrange 3800-4800, were your car falls in.

Just got assigned VIN 54XX. Noticed on my tesla account a few minutes ago about 8pm eastern time. The last time I checked the account was about 6pm prior to that and it still showed the reservation number at that time.

Just got a call from Las Vegas and spoke to an ISA - said I'll have the car early next week, Since I'm getting my own loan, she said I'll need to supply loan approval document before they will schedule the actual date. She actually knew the actual date it would arrive at the SvC and said it could be delivered as soon as the following day. So now, I'll go ahead and apply for the loan.

Just got a call that vin is getting assigned today and i am doing financing through tesla. She said i will call you tomm or day after to schedule delivery date. I configured on 01/30..looks like delivery might happen next week! I will pick it up in fremont factory!

Invited to configure 1/24
Configured 1/25
Vin assigned 2/6 49xx (anyone else in this range? seems like a low vin for new assignment)
Delivery scheduled 2/14
Black, aero, EAP, Los Angeles delivery
White Model x owner, reserved 11/2016
(I already updated spreadsheet with all current info)

I am really getting tired of this west coast/California biased around here and with Tesla.

Same exact timeline for configuring, no VIN, no communication, no nothing.

Congrats to you I guess....;)

Rant over, just having some fun!!

Just got assigned VIN 54XX. Noticed on my tesla account a few minutes ago about 8pm eastern time. The last time I checked the account was about 6pm prior to that and it still showed the reservation number at that time.

Just got a call from Las Vegas and spoke to an ISA - said I'll have the car early next week, Since I'm getting my own loan, she said I'll need to supply loan approval document before they will schedule the actual date. She actually knew the actual date it would arrive at the SvC and said it could be delivered as soon as the following day. So now, I'll go ahead and apply for the loan.

Loan approved and paperwork to ISA in 20 minutes! Delta Community Credit Union rocks!!! PM me if you need a referal to join them and get $50 to open an account with them.

Got delivery scheduled for next week! That’s about 3 weeks from configure to delivery.

Configured Jan 12th. Still no VIN. Talked to my ISA yesterday and he claims that he'll have something for me early next week. We'll see...

Mine said the same...about the end of this week. I don’t think they really have any idea and it comes when it comes.

Doesn’t help we check every hour or so on my account page

Just curious, you got assigned an ISA before you were assigned a VIN??? I thought the ISA did the work of getting you set for delivery (financing complete, scheduling delivery, etc).