Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally the exact same position as you @AMIYY4YOU. Even ordered the same day same config except red. No vin yet and nervous about the state rebate.
hahah I see you waited in the pru.. I waited there too! I waited overnight and was the first in line in fact. However I did delay my config until the 25th despite receiving the invite on the 22nd because I had a lot of difficulty making the justification to buy the LR model :-/

hahah I see you waited in the pru.. I waited there too! I waited overnight and was the first in line in fact. However I did delay my config until the 25th despite receiving the invite on the 22nd because I had a lot of difficulty making the justification to buy the LR model :-/

Exactly. I fought with it too until 2/25 after receiving the invite 2/22. I really wanted SR with perhaps AWD...but def SR...but when I see that SR will definitely lose 50% of Fed credit, and perhaps the MA credit, I figured I'd get LR.

No MA credit would be a disaster for me :(

I posted this on M3OC, thought I'd share here.

Looks like VIN assignments have taken a turn towards the West Coast since 3/12 on the spreadsheet

San Francisco CA
Buena Park CA
Palm Springs CA
Torrance CA
Seattle WA
SF Bay Area CA
San Luis Obispo CA
Los Angeles CA
Chicago IL
Los Angeles CA
San Diego CA
Redondo Beach CA
Los Angeles CA
San Francisco CA
Reno NV
San Diego CA
San Francisco CA
San Diego CA
Pasadena CA
San Diego CA
San Luis Obispo CA
Dallas TX
Bay Area CA
DFW TX
Los Angeles CA
Texas TX
san diego CA
Orange County CA
Orange County CA
San Antonio TX
Santa Barbara CA
San Diego CA
Los Angeles CA
Tampa FL
Santa Clara CA
Vantura Co CA
Norfolk VA
Santa Monica CA
Pasadena CA

Only 3 Non West Coast/TX VIN assignments in the last 3 days on the spreadsheet. Perhaps they are now aiming to maximize deliveries before end of Q3?

Reactions: PoitNarf
I think you made the right decision. The other argument for buying now is that soon they will add more options (AWD, performance etc).. and they will have financial incentives to prioritize most expensive cars first.. and the most expensive cars then will be a lot more than $55k...

I think you made the right decision. The other argument for buying now is that soon they will add more options (AWD, performance etc).. and they will have financial incentives to prioritize most expensive cars first.. and the most expensive cars then will be a lot more than $55k...
good point. I don't regret it.. In fact I'm excited to have more range I think that bodes well given that I want this to be my last car until I'm in my 50s (provided it can do at least L3 autonomy).

Reactions: xav-
I was at this unattended non-Tesla building in Fremont at noon, saw 100-200 of M3 with Sport Wheels in the back with 9XXX VIN. I guess we have to wait for another week or two with aero wheels. Midnight Silver Mettalic/aero reserved 2/7, still no VIN for me.

Attachments

• 0DC2F521-3602-45BD-9CAA-930C3FE2DE74.jpeg
    0DC2F521-3602-45BD-9CAA-930C3FE2DE74.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 03795C6C-102E-4A7E-B29D-68813A8B3230.jpeg
    03795C6C-102E-4A7E-B29D-68813A8B3230.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 4AB5344B-1342-4295-9F11-CF5E2D44300A.jpeg
    4AB5344B-1342-4295-9F11-CF5E2D44300A.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 81
  • F6A9F8CB-FA88-40F8-9689-0B1CC9495ED5.jpeg
    F6A9F8CB-FA88-40F8-9689-0B1CC9495ED5.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 95
I wonder if perhaps the days where we see random colors like this assigned is that they were cars that initially failed QC checks and were set aside and then fixed. The “normal” progression of VIN assignment is clearly in large batches of one or two colors, so it’s a bit odd when there are random ones trickling in.

I could be completely wrong.

Mid-day PDT. So far 1 blue (sport), 2 white (1 each), 3 midnight silver (2 sport, 1 aero). 5 CA, 1 MO.

All signs were pointing to mostly white or some black today. Color me confused.

Any ideas anyone? Bueller?

I was at this unattended non-Tesla building in Fremont at noon, saw 100-200 of M3 with Sport Wheels in the back with 9XXX VIN. I guess we have to wait for another week or two with aero wheels. Midnight Silver Mettalic/aero reserved 2/7, still no VIN for me.

Maybe these are the units that need to be fixed/remanufactured. They are hiding them in some random parking lot.