Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, a bit of a setback. I lost my VIN. It's kind of a long story but the short version is that they had to change my delivery location. So I assume they assigned my VIN to someone with the same specs who is taking delivery in Pittsburgh. So if anyone just received a VIN in the low 9800's with the config in my signature and is taking delivery there, you're welcome.
Got my new VIN already thanks to my ISA. It's now 11,0XX.

Midnight Silver/aero, 15 miles from Fremont, configured 2/7, just got VIN 69XX on 3/16, looking forward to delivery date
So we skipped Black aeros in our estimate of what is coming next.

So far in March:

Blue: 46
MS: 20
White: 30
Silver: 23
Black: 11

Pretty obvious that either black is very soon, OR Black is getting shafted as they didn't upgrade. I would have paid for black, I didn't choose it for its price, I just really wanted black.

So far in March:

Pretty obvious that either black is very soon, OR Black is getting shafted as they didn't upgrade. I would have paid for black, I didn't choose it for its price, I just really wanted black.

Was looking at these exact numbers myself yesterday. I'm really surprised and obviously disappointed that the latter seems to be the case, as I'm in the same boat as you. I also ordered FSD, which costs more than color and wheels combined, but clearly that's not enough to sway the machine.

I refresh this site, tesla.com, reddit, and the spreadsheet no fewer than 75 times a day now. My girlfriend, who would otherwise know nothing about Tesla, understands more than most on this forum because I won't shut up about it. She's trying to sell me on the former reality. Still crossing my fingers we're next, but losing hope every hour.

For selfish reasons, I'm genuinely your biggest fan right now. Black/aero 2/22 Los Angeles.

May the Force be with us all.

So far in March:

I’m the same way—would’ve paid for black. We’ve gotta be next...if I keep saying it, it’ll happen...right...RIGHT!!???

It’ll be cool when we both post our vins and can leave all this behind us and begin the agonizing wait for delivery!! Can’t wait!!!

Reactions: LV Acrobat
I’m the same way—would’ve paid for black. We’ve gotta be next...if I keep saying it, it’ll happen...right...RIGHT!!???

It’ll be cool when we both post our vins and can leave all this behind us and begin the agonizing wait for delivery!! Can’t wait!!!
I thought we were for sure next about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm starting to believe I will miss my loan date and not even qualify for the car due to changing circumstances. Monday/Tuesday next week is about all the time I've got left. No VIN by then I think I'm gonna have to eat the 2500$ and never look back (and cry every time I see this amazing car drive by me and my mini cooper).

I thought we were for sure next about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm starting to believe I will miss my loan date and not even qualify for the car due to changing circumstances. Monday/Tuesday next week is about all the time I've got left. No VIN by then I think I'm gonna have to eat the 2500$ and never look back (and cry every time I see this amazing car drive by me and my mini cooper).

Oh man, that would be unfortunate. Now I’m hoping you get your car before me, seriously! Here’s to hope!!

Reactions: UkrHog

That sounds horrible...hope it doesn't come to that. $2500 is a huge hit to take so hopefully you could reason with them a bit or find family that can help out or even another forum member local to you who can buy you out.

I choose Black because it was cheaper. I am sure they aren't trying to maximize profit by avoiding black. They don't want to piss off too many customers. That would be a bad strategy and you have some who have a higher price with black anyway. I hope we will see a bunch of VIN coming out today. I haven't seen other colors so I don't think they simply passed up on the black.

While I don't expect it to help, maybe try calling Tesla and explaining the situation very calmly, politely and rationally? I expect they will be clueless, but MAYBE you will find someone who realizes the predicament you are in and they will see what they can do to help keep you as a customer. If the first person can't help, call back and try someone else. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Well then!

Since things got wacky after the white run earlier this week, this is what we have so far from yesterday and today:
White - 5 (3 Sport, 2 Aero) (1 Aero to OR)
Midnight Silver - 4 (3 Sport, 1 Aero) (*Aero to MO)
Blue - 3 (1 Sport, 2 Aero) (1 Aero to NV)
Red - 2 (1 Sport, 1 Aero) (*1 NY delivery, replacement VIN)
Silver - 1 (Aero)
Black - 1 (Aero)

Unless otherwise notated, the above are all CA deliveries. All over the place.

Finally a black aero! Invited 2/13, configured same day, VIN 67XX.

Still no discernible pattern these last couple days as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
That one Oregon white/aero VIN got me excited, hoping they'd decide they wanted to send two to Oregon... but I ordered a day after that guy and still no VIN.

Well then!

Since things got wacky after the white run earlier this week, this is what we have so far from yesterday and today:
White - 5 (3 Sport, 2 Aero) (1 Aero to OR)
Midnight Silver - 4 (3 Sport, 1 Aero) (*Aero to MO)
Blue - 3 (1 Sport, 2 Aero) (1 Aero to NV)
Red - 2 (1 Sport, 1 Aero) (*1 NY delivery, replacement VIN)
Silver - 1 (Aero)
Black - 1 (Aero)

Unless otherwise notated, the above are all CA deliveries. All over the place.

Finally a black aero! Invited 2/13, configured same day, VIN 67XX.

Still no discernible pattern these last couple days as far as I can tell.

Reactions: NAT3

So far in March:

According to your post I see no red cars, so I would say they are getting the shaft.