Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RT; thanks for the observation. Wish I knew the exact sequence of how the factory rotates thru the colors/wheels - but my best guess is that it is constantly changing. Two weeks until the end of Q1-2018 and ironically the 2 year anniversary of many of us waiting in line to place a reservation. Hopefully many of the Red orders will delivery by then; if not - should be in early April.

Line waiter 3/3/16 in San Diego; Configuration 2/22; Red, Aero Wheels, EAP.

RT; thanks for the observation. Wish I knew the exact sequence of how the factory rotates thru the colors/wheels - but my best guess is that it is constantly changing. Two weeks until the end of Q1-2018 and ironically the 2 year anniversary of many of us waiting in line to place a reservation. Hopefully many of the Red orders will delivery by then; if not - should be in early April.

Line waiter 3/3/16 in San Diego; Configuration 2/22; Red, Aero Wheels, EAP.

i think the opening of the San Diego delivery center today means that there's gonna be a big push to rush all 22 & 28 Feb-configured people through in the next 2 weeks

Reactions: David L and mjp462
...Hoping that they do another batch soon so that Ca. deliveries can actually happen by the end of March...
RT

I hope by "Ca." you mean "Canada"! We're all anxiously waiting for the first Canadian invite up here. But only to do our duty of slowing down the 200,001st Tesla sold in the US. It's for our American friends, that's the only reason...

4FCB5C52-67B1-4234-A137-A37228E9FAE0.jpeg
4FCB5C52-67B1-4234-A137-A37228E9FAE0.jpeg
Last big batch of Red VINs were assigned on 3-9 and 3-10. Hoping that they do another batch soon so that Ca. deliveries can actually happen by the end of March. Good to see more VIN assignments going out today too.

RT
Was thrilled to see this truck with Model 3’s on the 101 fwy in L.A.4FCB5C52-67B1-4234-A137-A37228E9FAE0.jpeg

I’m the same way—would’ve paid for black. We’ve gotta be next...if I keep saying it, it’ll happen...right...RIGHT!!???

It’ll be cool when we both post our vins and can leave all this behind us and begin the agonizing wait for delivery!! Can’t wait!!!

Looks like I can dry my tears....
Blk/Aeros/Southern Cali 2/14 order
VIN 67** showed up at 5am—-(I’d just checked at 4am haha)
Hope everyone else’s comes soon too!!

Got my VIN over the evening. Configured on 2/28. White, sport, long range, premium package and auto pilot. Excited! What’s the general time frame people are seeing delivery post-vin assignment? If that’s already been answered I’ll go look for it. I’ll also update the spreadsheet.
I configured 2/28, got my VIN 3/15 and had a call from ISA on 3/16. She offered me a delivery date of Tuesday 2/20. I had to push back to 2/21 because of work. This is of course, assuming the finance guys get my loan processed on Monday. I feel a little like I have whiplash. All the waiting and suddenly everything happens fast! Not that I am complaining.... ;-)

I configured 2/28, got my VIN 3/15 and had a call from ISA on 3/16. She offered me a delivery date of Tuesday 2/20. I had to push back to 2/21 because of work. This is of course, assuming the finance guys get my loan processed on Monday. I feel a little like I have whiplash. All the waiting and suddenly everything happens fast! Not that I am complaining.... ;-)

Wait, what? You got your VIN in March, and the ISA offered a delivery in February?? Shame you gotta wait another 11 months! o_O

Please explain, @LorieL. :)