Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant that the SD Service Center has been maxed out for a long time. The last time I did a recon fly-by there were probably 15 Model 3s and untold S and X. No way to know which of these were waiting for service and which were waiting to be delivered. The new delivery center was sorely needed

I went by the SC to recon yesterday. Only 2 M3s in the lot, old vins ~3000 and ~4000. Also went by the new delivery center and the Tesla sign was up and a few MS and MX in the lot in front.

Reactions: RSavage and mjp462
I'm thinking there's going to quite a lot of CA VINS assigned next week with extremely short turnarounds. There are tons of cars at the factory as of today, and Tesla wants to deliver them all.

May the traffic jam of delivery Semis carrying Model 3s extend all the way from Fremont to Tijuana. And another mini-jam up to Eureka. Hopefully bringing the entire economy of California to a standstill until all the deliveries are finished on 3-31. And then start the next ramp up...

RT

Ordered 3/13. Black/Aero wheels. Waiting for VIN assignment but ISA is assigned.

How long before I get the VIN assigned? I am so anxious and keep on looking this site and Tesla myaccount quite often.
Not sure...I configured 2/14 (white, aero) still no VIN and no contact from ISA. Get used to dealing with "Tesla time" and communications.

articlesh_51084973-transformed.jpg

Finally!!!! 88xx Ka-chow

Ordered 3/13. Black/Aero wheels. Waiting for VIN assignment but ISA is assigned.

How long before I get the VIN assigned? I am so anxious and keep on looking this site and Tesla myaccount quite often.
You can check the spreadsheet in the pinned discussion to see how rapidly that typically happens. It can be anywhere from 2 days to 6 weeks, but most VINs are assigned 2-3 weeks after configuration.