Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd wait for some more evidence before calling ramp.
Don't forget that at in December they registered VIN until 8XXX while they produced only 26XX.

Yes agreed, and could be again some quarter-end tricks up their sleeve as you said about December. Still not saying they're at 2500/week, but could be comfortably above 1K/week, and perhaps doing longer batches of each configuration with those VINs all over.

I'd wait for some more evidence before calling ramp.
Don't forget that at in December they registered VIN until 8XXX while they produced only 26XX.
I dont know, the doubling in VIN assignments per day(at least), the delivery centers booked out for weeks, and now more VINS assigned in a shorter time period. it all adds up to some significant evidence.

Reactions: dhrivnak and EinSV
Things picking up - the day after I got the VIN assigned, I got a voice message and email from the Tesla adviser, confirmed details and now have an appointment to pick up the car this coming Thursday here in San Diego.

So timeline is:

3/31/16-stand in line and make reservation
2/22/18-go on line to make order (a friend who stood in line with me that day notified me he could make his order)
3/22/18-receive VIN number (had to check Tesla account to see it; no email received)
3/23/18-receive voice and email from Tesla Delivery Adviser (verified everything and set up day/time)
3/29/18-pick up car at delivery center (received update on Tesla account page and email confirmation)

So great excitement; I hope everyone else gets their cars soon.

Reactions: PoitNarf
Things picking up - the day after I got the VIN assigned, I got a voice message and email from the Tesla adviser, confirmed details and now have an appointment to pick up the car this coming Thursday here in San Diego.

So timeline is:

3/31/16-stand in line and make reservation
2/22/18-go on line to make order (a friend who stood in line with me that day notified me he could make his order)
3/22/18-receive VIN number (had to check Tesla account to see it; no email received)
3/23/18-receive voice and email from Tesla Delivery Adviser (verified everything and set up day/time)
3/29/18-pick up car at delivery center (received update on Tesla account page and email confirmation)

So great excitement; I hope everyone else gets their cars soon.
VIN?

This gives me hope that the Blue/aero exists. I haven’t seen one delivered in forever.

I was at the San Diego delivery center yesterday watching the truck unloading lots of Model 3's. Saw a 4-5 Deep Blues roll of the truck, every time anticipating it could be mine - but no, most had aero wheels - so yes, they are producing them. All had the 0111XX VIN range.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor