Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stood in line on March 31 2016 (Highland Park, IL). Placed reservation 4 minutes after the doors opened. Configured my car Feb 22nd (white, aero wheels, auto pilot). Have not received VIN yet.

Matt
Same boat as you, but in Austin, TX. Really frustrating that we've been waiting 4-5 weeks for VINS, meanwhile, people in CA/WA/OR are getting almost instant VINs when configuring right now with the same configuration. I understand that they are trying to get as many Q1 deliveries as they can, but at this point, a lot of the ones configuring now and getting VINs now in CA are getting April delivery dates.

Same boat as you, but in Austin, TX. Really frustrating that we've been waiting 4-5 weeks for VINS, meanwhile, people in CA/WA/OR are getting almost instant VINs when configuring right now with the same configuration. I understand that they are trying to get as many Q1 deliveries as they can, but at this point, a lot of the ones configuring now and getting VINs now in CA are getting April delivery dates.

I am in the same boat as both of you but in Pittsburgh, PA. If the same pattern holds true from the end of Q4, 2018 then we should see a big non west coast push coming here this week/next week. I am trying to be as patient as I can and trying to realize the need to make a push at the end of the quarter and also realizing that there are a lot of reservation holders in CA as well. I ran some numbers on Saturday using the spreadsheet. 232 people configured in January and 45 still have no VINs. 425 configured in February and 181 have no VINs. So we are part of the roughly 33% still waiting.

FYI - the exact opposite happened in early March. People anywhere but the west coast were being prioritized and some were getting instant VINs; meanwhile, people on the west coast were anxiously waiting for VINs that were not coming. I waited about 30 days to get a VIN. The waiting sucks, but it goes both ways. Hope you get your VIN/car ASAP!

I am in the same boat as both of you but in Pittsburgh, PA. If the same pattern holds true from the end of Q4, 2018 then we should see a big non west coast push coming here this week/next week. I am trying to be as patient as I can and trying to realize the need to make a push at the end of the quarter and also realizing that there are a lot of reservation holders in CA as well. I ran some numbers on Saturday using the spreadsheet. 232 people configured in January and 45 still have no VINs. 425 configured in February and 181 have no VINs. So we are part of the roughly 33% still waiting.
I wouldn't take the spreadsheet as gospel as I haven't seen any posts from January configs still waiting. Pretty sure those are people who got their cars and just didn't update. But we do have a few 2/14/18 including myself still waiting for vins that have been posting here. Possibly some in earlier Feb but I'm unsure. I think we would hear some complaints if we still had anyone waiting since Jan.

Reactions: MikeDog77
I wouldn't take the spreadsheet as gospel as I haven't seen any posts from January configs still waiting. Pretty sure those are people who got their cars and just didn't update. But we do have a few 2/14/18 including myself still waiting for vins that have been posting here. Possibly some in earlier Feb but I'm unsure. I think we would hear some complaints if we still had anyone waiting since Jan.

I’m a 2/19 config, 5 weeks to the day now and no VIN. Those of us in the pre-2/22 batches with no VIN should create a support group for each other!

Yesterday I think I read on Facebook someone who had configured 1/28 and still didn’t have a VIN...someone’s always got it worse!

Reactions: LV Acrobat
I’m a 2/19 config, 5 weeks to the day now and no VIN. Those of us in the pre-2/22 batches with no VIN should create a support group for each other!

Yesterday I think I read on Facebook someone who had configured 1/28 and still didn’t have a VIN...someone’s always got it worse!
Same configuration as you. Although I’m exactly 2 weeks closer than you (3/5 config), I’m hoping a trainload of MSM Aeros head east soon and you and I get our VINs.

VIN received 11 a.m. today, 3/26/18. I'm so excited!!!!
3/31/16 non-owner line waiter, 2/28/18 invite and configuration, 3/26/18 VIN assignment.
Black, aero, no EAP.
VIN 84XX.
Congrats! I also configured Black Aero, but on 2/23 (after 2/22 invite) and on the East Coast, so no VIN yet. As others have already stated, getting a bit miffed at Tesla for the wait (it's been 4 1/2 weeks), and seeing all these west coast VINS is painful (though I am happy for all of you to get your cars:)). Also, while I understand it is still early in the game, they do have $3500 of my money, with no communication whatsoever. I have to believe there's a better way to do this.

Ok enough complaining from me. Back to hitting F5 like a crazy person :).