Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This doesn't make sense. I'm on the east coast and configured same day and have my car. I would contact Tesla to make sure nothing fell between the cracks. If you need some contact details of who contacted me, send me a PM.....
I've had contact with my ISA, She explained that Las Vegas is so packed they cant even give out VINS. Drove by the other day and they have so many cars to deliver that the semis full of cars couldn't unload. So until things get moving there I keep waiting. #SettingRecords

Factory tour today was so much fun. I felt like I was 7 and I was going to Disney for the first time. I brought a friend who is "not a car guy" and he had a great time. By the end of the day he was ready to buy a Tesla and was on board for the mission. The Model S and X lines are like what you can see on the factory documentaries about Tesla. They have some massive robots, crazy big but generally it's a standard manufacturing line with lots of humans throughout the process. It was neat to see all the guts and internals of the model S and X as they roll you through different parts of the assembly process. The Model 3 line is like something from another planet. Crazy density and compact. You only get brief views of it as the equipment density around the area limits access of the tram. Parts are stacked everywhere throughout the facility. They are clearly bursting at the seams and desperately will need that automated parts delivery system working that you see on the you-tube drone videos (large boxes) for them to scale this facility to 500k+ cars a year. Fun little autonomous robots driving around delivery parts throughout the factory. I was surprised at how clean, white and bright the facility is. Ventilation was top notch. Looks like a pleasant place to work. I recommend doing the tour early in the day to avoid the shift change overs that occur later in the afternoon. Not a big deal but when I do it again I will pick an earlier time.

All in all it was ton of fun and I would like to do it once a year to watch the progress unfold out there. Hopefully they open up Gigafactory as that would be fun to see too..

Can't wait for delivery of my Model 3 on Saturday. They were able to squeeze it in before the end of the quarter. I got the last delivery spot open this weekend.

Reserved 3.31.2016 around 10:30am at Bellevue Square.
Invite 2/28
Ordered 3/1 as I needed a day to decide color (went with my kids pick), like 2 years was not enough.

Vin assigned overnight.
White, Aero and AP
Vin 11842
No contact yet.

Will be taking delivery in Bellevue. Signed up for factory tour a few weeks ago as I’m in the Bay Area on the March 27th and 28th on business. Tour is on the 28th at 3pm. I suspect the factory will be very busy on that day. So excited for my car and the tour. I got a shot of getting the car before the end of the month I suspect. I will be counting cars with my stop watch to estimate line rate to speculate weekly builds. Just kidding.

As a long time investor, first time customer and general fan boy I could not be a happier dude. My poor BMW 335 lease that ends in July is going to be one neglected ICE car.

Congratulations!!! Finally! And a VIN so close to me! They must've had your number saved for a while. Hopefully you are able to take delivery soon!
Thanks! I'm guessing the delivery wont be super quick, I saw another Vegas VIN go out the 23rd and they don't even have delivery date yet even though the average is like 7 days. But I am happy this was a long wait for what I thought was gonna be 3 weeks. Hoping for like 2 weeks delivery.

To all my fellow VIN-waiters:

Report on my recent experience. For the last few days, I tried playing "hard to get" with Tesla... maybe if I ignored my Tesla Account (i.e. only check once a day instead of 100x per day), it would get jealous and chase me instead by giving me the VIN I have begging for over the past 5 weeks. I am here to report that my Tesla Account just doesn't care how interested I am or how much I pretend to not be interested. My Tesla Account is the hottest one in the room and simply doesn't care.

East Coast VIN-Waiter who has (somewhat) accepted that it will be Mid-April before my Model 3 arrives.

I am Indy too. White areo Ap ordered on 02/08 and still no vin yet? Looks like we all probably are coming together on a truck in the next few weeks?