Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured Friday (3/22 invite). Vin assigned and scheduled pickup for 3/30. 7 day turn around not bad!

Red/EAP/Sport wheels
Wow. That's fast! I noticed my VIN in my profile today (3/29). It's 73XX. Configured on 3/23, so 6 days to VIN. But I don't have a scheduled delivery date yet. I suspect mine will take a bit longer as I'm in New York City. BTW, I am not an owner but did wait in line on 3/31 to reserve it.

Wow. That's fast! I noticed my VIN in my profile today (3/29). It's 73XX. Configured on 3/23, so 6 days to VIN. But I don't have a scheduled delivery date yet. I suspect mine will take a bit longer as I'm in New York City. BTW, I am not an owner but did wait in line on 3/31 to reserve it.

I’m beginning to think the likelihood of being assigned a VIN is inversely proportional to the frequency one checks their page.

Reactions: Indy3

Ok, I'm happy for you, but now I'm a bit grumpy. Previous owner, reserved 2/19 (white/aero/EAP/FSD) in Virginia and still no VIN. Was patient when they focused on the West coast but now it's time for a VIN :)

Good news! Picked up the car today. A long road and happy day! i know everyone who gets their cars will feel the same; am busy learning all about the car, and planning some trips in near future.

Configuration: Red with Aero Wheels here in San Diego, CA

Timeline:
3/31/16 - Made reservation
2/22/18 - Ordered car
3/22/18 - Received Vin
3/23/18 - Contacted by Tesla Delivery Rep
3/29/18 - Picked up the car

Tesla seems to be picking up the production rate, which I think is good news for all of you out there, and when you get your car, it will be something special! Keep patient and you will get your car!

Reactions: X Fan and MacRocket
Another east coast Day 1 line waiter VIN! Good friend of mine (doesn't post here) received his this morning.

Reserved 3/31/16 - Annapolis, MD (#2 in line)
Invite/Config 2/22
Black/EAP/Aero
VIN 100**

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for mine - Day 1 from Bethesda, MD
Invite/Config 2/22
White/Aero/EAP

Maybe we're all at the mercy of our service centers now. Could it be that VINs are assigned at this point based on which centers have capacity to process and make delivery of new vehicles? Our SC is always packed in the shop as well as on the lot.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's where we're at now. Raleigh doesn't have a ton of capacity so we're getting them in dribbles.

Fingers crossed for a VIN assignment soon but the estimator has my production starting in the next week or so and delivery in the latter half of April, so I'm not gonna get too worked up until I see those numbers slip. (So far seems like the estimator has been pretty good, within an order of magnitude.)

Reactions: LV Acrobat
Maybe we're all at the mercy of our service centers now. Could it be that VINs are assigned at this point based on which centers have capacity to process and make delivery of new vehicles? Our SC is always packed in the shop as well as on the lot.
That's a good possibility. I'll eventually take delivery (if they ever decide to assign my VIN) in Cincinnati and I haven't seen any action there recently.

Hurry up and wait Has happened to me also. Ordered M3 feb 14 got vin xx6800 around feb 28. Was told to pay up ASAP as vehicle was on the train headed east. Did so, paperwork/payment completed over a week ago but now it seems they are not sure where it is or if it was actually shipped at that time. Needs to get to Birmingham and then to Mt Kisco, NY. Word is 2 weeks mabe more. Very discouraging as I’m getting no info on details and have no car.