Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 123xx assigned today!

White/19” Sport/EAP
Configured 2/22
VIN Assigned 3/30
Indianapolis Delivery (no call yet)

(Already updated Model 3 VIN tracking spreadsheet)

Glad to see the flow start heading back East after the last 3 weeks of all West Coast (not complaining, just excited. The West Coast folks had to wait out the flood of cars going East in Feb/early March.)

Finally got the call from Tesla. VIN assigned Monday, agonizing wait until Friday. He said first available slot is this Wednesday. I'll likely pick it up on Saturday. Almost there!

Black aero. 2/28 config, 3/26 VIN, 3/30 call from Tesla
I got my VIN monday too and my ISA keeps telling me the car is still being made... Dont know if I believe him. Found a car in the holding lot with my VIN +5 and my VIN -7 same config.

I was just reading this thread and thought, I best go back and refresh my page (for the 30th time today), and noticed my VIN sitting there in the place of my reservation number :)

V
Silver/19” Aero/EAP (probably)
Reserved 3/31 10:30am (EST)
Configured 3/22
VIN 1288X Assigned 3/30
Mt. Kisco, NY Delivery (no call yet)

Boy that was quick! Here's hoping it's not a super long wait for delivery!

(Will add to sheet)

I configured my Model 3 2/22
Got my Vin after 5 weeks, yesterday, 2/28
Midnight Silver, Aero, Eastern PA. 85xx VIN
My ISA called me yesterday, started me on financing and trade in. Said my car was undergoing post build QC and would ship early next week and they'd have my delivery date then. She seemed to feel like shipping would be 2+ weeks

Should I be concerned with getting a lower VIN? I got 75xx

First day reservation in CA 3/31/16 around 11:30am PST
Invite 2/28/18
Ordered 3/1/18 around 3pm
VIN 3/30/18 by 5pm
Non-owner
White/aero/eap

I’m seeing people with 12xxx and 13xxx vin already around the same time I ordered mine? Could this be a reject that was fixed?

Should I be concerned with getting a lower VIN? I got 75xx

First day reservation in CA 3/31/16 around 11:30am PST
Invite 2/28/18
Ordered 3/1/18 around 3pm
VIN 3/30/18 by 5pm
Non-owner
White/aero/eap

I’m seeing people with 12xxx and 13xxx vin already around the same time I ordered mine? Could this be a reject that was fixed?
Most likely that they just had some extras VINs left to produce in that range. Seems the ranges line up with color/wheel choice, so when they switched back to manufacturing your config, they filled in the lower ones. Happened with my midnight silver aero, where I got a 51xx car made in March assigned to me, then a friend got a 69xx assigned two days later. Both completed in early March. I wouldn’t worry!

Reactions: erthquake
What is your color/wheel combo? I’m up the road in Louisville and configured my Midnight Silver/18”/EAP on 3/5. No VIN yet.
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • Full Autopilot
Strange that they haven't published your VIN on your account yet. It seems unlikely that 18" wheels would somehow slow it down. The only other thing I chose was FAP, so perhaps that pushes you up the production line. But again, that seems unlikely. I'm also a first-time owner, so no special treatment there either.