Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestions for this thread:

-If you get a Vin, at least report the first 3 of the last 5 digits. At the least. To not do that is to announce the arrival of your baby without indicating whether it’s a boy or girl.

-If you didn’t get a VIN, post that elsewhere. This is the VIN assignment thread, not the lack of VIN assignment thread.

Just keeps the signal to noise ratio higher around here.

I would add to that for the benefit of those that have not received an invite or a VIN that you list the particulars of your reservation, i.e. owner non-owner, line waiter or on line, time of reservation in hours and minutes and what state. That will help the rest of us get a little better idea of where we stand.

Seriously? I configured on 2/26 in Seattle. Owner since 2013. I got a call early March confirming that I'm not going out of town at end of quarter. Here it is, 4/3 and still no VIN. Red, EAP, aero wheels.

Super disappointed in Tesla. Going to have to bring my newborn son home in a dirty gas rental :( The model 3 was supposed to replace my totalled Model S from December.

Red aero vin assignment so hot right now

Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX and Asad1087
Seriously? I configured on 2/26 in Seattle. Owner since 2013. I got a call early March confirming that I'm not going out of town at end of quarter. Here it is, 4/3 and still no VIN. Red, EAP, aero wheels.

Super disappointed in Tesla. Going to have to bring my newborn son home in a dirty gas rental :( The model 3 was supposed to replace my totalled Model S from December.

Less Tesla love for WA last VIN assigned on 26 Mar 2018 according to Troy's spreadsheet

Me: WA, Red, Aero, EAP, 3/31, Non Owner, Line Waiter, 2/22 Invite 2/23 Config

I'd really like to know how VIN assignment is done. I configured 3/2 Red, Aero and also don't have a VIN yet. Yet I've seen people further from the west coast who are configuring weeks after me with my exact configuration get a VIN assignment in days. I'm so confused as to how Tesla is processing orders. I wish there was just a bit of transparency on their part. :/

I'd really like to know how VIN assignment is done. I configured 3/2 Red, Aero and also don't have a VIN yet. Yet I've seen people further from the west coast who are configuring weeks after me with my exact configuration get a VIN assignment in days. I'm so confused as to how Tesla is processing orders. I wish there was just a bit of transparency on their part. :/
I assume it's a mix of geography color wheel and then delivery center capacity. So a delivery center in a place with very few orders might get VINs a bit earlier than one that's packed and struggling to keep up with deliveries

Whelp. My MIL stood in line with me on 3/31/16 in Tampa. We both got the invite on 3/22. I ordered immediately and she ordered a few hours later.

Her config: Red, Aero, no EAP.
Mine: White, Aero, EAP.

She got her VIN today (13xxx). Nada for me.

God damn red.
That's my exact situation! I know your pain. We should be coming up soon though! How long until the next batch of pearl whites