Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is going on!!! Still waiting into my 6th week.
Config: Feb 22nd, Blue, EAP, Aero.
From SoCal.
Some one config exactly the same specs on March 9th and already got VIN.
Something wrong with Tesla logic like their AutoPilot or some one just B.S !!!

Reactions: davie_100
Placed NPO RES around 10:30am CST IL on 3/31
Configured 2/22
VIN assignment noticed 4/4 (I called on 3/30 as it was 1 week out from the 6 weeks listed when configured and I had some questions - had not checked account since.)
MSM/Aero/EAP VIN 102xx

So tempted to keep calling and checking account page! Super excited to see LV Acrobat took delivery 5 days after VIN received....I will be patient..

Just requested permission to log in the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
So, dumb question. Where, exactly, will the VIN display in the account portal? Will it appear in place of the reservation number, or somewhere else...?

It's not like I will NOT see it or whatever, once it appears, but frankly I don't like surprises and prefer to be prepared. :D

Placed NPO RES around 10:30am CST IL on 3/31
Configured 2/22
VIN assignment noticed 4/4 (I called on 3/30 as it was 1 week out from the 6 weeks listed when configured and I had some questions - had not checked account since.)
MSM/Aero/EAP VIN 102xx

So tempted to keep calling and checking account page! Super excited to see LV Acrobat took delivery 5 days after VIN received....I will be patient..

Just requested permission to log in the spreadsheet.

OK - so I DID call and glad I did! Have tentative delivery of 4/20 at 10am, though it might be earlier - so excited for all of us!! My VIN was assigned on 4/2 at 9 pm.

So, dumb question. Where, exactly, will the VIN display in the account portal? Will it appear in place of the reservation number, or somewhere else...?

It's not like I will NOT see it or whatever, once it appears, but frankly I don't like surprises and prefer to be prepared. :D

Two places. On the main page it replaces the RN number. Click on Manage and it now shows up under the RN number. You'll see it right away.

Reactions: xmetal