Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I in the upside-down or something?! I’m borrowing a freaking car that gets returned in four days and I’ve been waiting for a VIN for exactly 30 days.

Did you order 18" wheels? If you look at the Invite spreadsheet (12-28-17 New Invite / Configuring / Delivery Spreadsheet), you'll see that people who ordered the 19" wheels got VINs a lot faster. I'm guessing Tesla is trying to maintain some amount of diversity in the Model 3 fleet by prioritizing delivery of cars with 19" wheels, because most people opt for the 18" wheels.

Did you order 18" wheels? If you look at the Invite spreadsheet (12-28-17 New Invite / Configuring / Delivery Spreadsheet), you'll see that people who ordered the 19" wheels got VINs a lot faster. I'm guessing Tesla is trying to maintain some amount of diversity in the Model 3 fleet by prioritizing delivery of cars with 19" wheels, because most people opt for the 18" wheels.

I did order the 18s and I’m beginning to regret it.

• Love
Reactions: Snerruc
Since I am a Southern California MSM waiting for my VIN, I thought I would look at the spreadsheet to see who was likely in front of me... Wow, in the spreadsheet there were 10 people with earlier configuration dates (late February, mostly) that look like they might be using the Redondo pickup location like me that are still waiting for their VIN. Ouch.

PS- I wish there was a better way to filter the spreadsheet by pickup location

Perhaps Tesla is favoring the 19" wheels in order to squeeze out just a little more margin.