Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, 11 days without contact? I've heard others say it can take up to 7 days, but 11 days is the longest I've heard. Keep us updated.
8 days for me as well. I saw a comment in one of the other threads about being contacted just a day before potential delivery, so maybe that's why it's going past 7 days, at least when there are no trade ins or other complications.

• Informative
Reactions: zkmusa
I see you have your delivery scheduled for April 12. Congrats! Did you get a call from Tesla or call them yourself? When was that?
I got VIN on 04/07, in San Diego, and waiting for the delivery date.

I was checking my Tesla account too often while waiting to configure and waiting for my VIN. I saw the VIN assigned after midnight - technically it would have been April 3. I got the call from Tesla on Wednesday afternoon - a bit over a day and a half after getting my VIN.

And thank you! Yes, I took delivery at Marina del Rey on Friday. I'm surprised I'm not sitting in the car right now. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that it's here. Both my wife and I remarked that our necks hurt from one of us punching the accelerator when driving without warning the other one first. It is a good soreness. :D

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: pmich80 and kbM3