Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owner and line waiter in Annapolis, MD.

VIN 0139xx appeared overnight last night for my black/aero Model 3!!

Reserved: Mar 31, 2016
Invited: Jan 4, 2018
Ordered: Mar 6, 2018
VIN: Apr 8, 2018

Woohoo!! I've been waiting in a rental ICE for 4 weeks now -- I'm ready to be electric again!!

A quick update....

First the good news!

I got an e-mail yesterday providing an expected delivery date of next Wednesday ( Apr 25, 2018 ) at Tesla's Costa Mesa location.

Now the bad news!

I still live in Maryland. And from what Google Maps tells me, Costa Mesa is, well, not in Maryland....

Hopefully I'll get some clarity soon -- as well as a shiny new Model 3!!

Vin received 130XX
3/31 Non-Owner Line Waiter Mt. Kisco, NY
3/22 Invite
3/22 Config
4/4 VIN

Blue/Aero/EAP

No contact from Tesla yet.

Just contacted today, not a phone call, but an email about entering insurance info entered into the system, doesn't need to be for the Model 3 yet, just proof I have insurance and then to get the pre-approval for the loan sent in to them so they could get me an updated order agreement to give the credit union I plan on using for my loan. Also gives info on how to get the trade-in pictures to them for the trade-in quote.

Slightly off topic, but likely of interest to many watching this thread...
Here’s a short screen recording of how the Tesla App handles Multiple Cars by swiping left or right. We had the Model S on the app first. The Model 3 now appears to the left. For some reason I would have expected it to be to the right. The app seemed to remember which car you were on when you access the app, avoiding excessive swiping.

According to people reporting VIN assignments, the pace has slowed down. 18th had just 8 people reporting - lowest since April 5th.

TeslaVins.PNG