Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black/ Aero / EAP

4/12 Configured / ordered
Still refreshing everyday for a VIN

I think they are not producing black as much. Ive seen people that got VIN with same configuration order date but diff color.
Nah your issue is the Aero wheels. There is a huge backlog of Aero wheel orders. They are still working on assigning VINs to Aero orders going back to 3/22. I ordered 4/6, no VIN yet (fully loaded Pearl white, minus sport wheels and FSD). Ordering sport wheels is essentially an insta-VIN situation. Wish I knew before I placed my order.

Reactions: Asad1087 and Drax
Nah your issue is the Aero wheels. There is a huge backlog of Aero wheel orders. They are still working on assigning VINs to Aero orders going back to 3/22. I ordered 4/6, no VIN yet (fully loaded Pearl white, minus sport wheels and FSD). Ordering sport wheels is essentially an insta-VIN situation. Wish I knew before I placed my order.
Im thinking about switching to the Sport wheels to help speed up my delivery. From what I have seen a couple people post that have switched things and weren't charged change fee since VINs weren't assigned yet.

Just contacted today, not a phone call, but an email about entering insurance info entered into the system, doesn't need to be for the Model 3 yet, just proof I have insurance and then to get the pre-approval for the loan sent in to them so they could get me an updated order agreement to give the credit union I plan on using for my loan. Also gives info on how to get the trade-in pictures to them for the trade-in quote.

Got my delivery date today, I'm set for pickup on 4/28.

Reactions: Waiting4M3

What exactly is going on with the aeros? Supplier issue? It seems crazy that of all the complex things that go into a Model 3, it’s the damn wheels that are the bottleneck.