Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that is true then I would assume those of us that were invited to configure would still get the car before July 1st. Of course assuming we pulled the trigger to configure.

I wonder if anymore invites will go out U.S. Non-owners from here until June 30th.

Priority appears to be Canada or WA invitees or Aero wheels at this point.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
If that is true then I would assume those of us that were invited to configure would still get the car before July 1st. Of course assuming we pulled the trigger to configure.

I wonder if anymore invites will go out U.S. Non-owners from here until June 30th.

Priority appears to be Canada or WA invitees or Aero wheels at this point.
They could start US invites up again after mid-May, slow roll those deliveries until after 1 July, and still make their advertised 6 week delivery window.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Most likely so Tesla doesn’t hit 200K US deliveries until July— that means buyers get full federal tax credit for all of 2018. I believe there’s also some danger of Ottawans missing out on tax credit if they don’t get car by end of June.

Shouldn’t have take my $2500 deposit then if I’m not going to make my 6 week window if my config is going elsewhere. And made my config before these new config.

Shouldn’t have take my $2500 deposit then if I’m not going to make my 6 week window if my config is going elsewhere. And made my config before these new config.

No one said you’re not getting your car within the 6 week window. They can deliver something like 16,000 cars in May & June without going over the 200k limit— and if you’ve already configured, your car will be one of them.

But they’re going to make more than 16,000 cars in May & June, so they need to deliver a lot of them outside the US.

Ive dreamed of owing a Tesla for years now and still refreshing to make sure its not a dream!

Got my Vin Assignment!

Configured 4/28/208
Vin Assignment 5/5/2018
Black / Aero 18/ AP/ Black interior
London, Ontario

Getting the garage ready and ready for charging!

Interesting. Same configuration here, but 18 days earlier. No VIN yet. Trying not to be jealous/irritated...

Most likely so Tesla doesn’t hit 200K US deliveries until July— that means buyers get full federal tax credit for all of 2018. I believe there’s also some danger of Ottawans missing out on tax credit if they don’t get car by end of June.
No one said you’re not getting your car within the 6 week window. They can deliver something like 16,000 cars in May & June without going over the 200k limit— and if you’ve already configured, your car will be one of them.

But they’re going to make more than 16,000 cars in May & June, so they need to deliver a lot of them outside the US.
I know I’m not getting my car in 6 weeks because I’m in my 7th week and still no VIN
This process is all screwed up!
So they shouldn’t have taken my money and if they did they should tell me when I’m going to get my car. They just say wait you’ll eventually get it and you don’t get your money back if you are not happy.
That’s just bad customer service.
They even gave me a VIN but took it away the next day on 4/27 and gave it to someone else. When I asked why they took away my VIN they said we did it to get you a quicker delivery. That’s just a lie not just bad costumer service.
So please don’t tell people they’ll get their car because you have no idea and it appears Tesla does not either.
Cheers to all who are getting their cars including those in Washington and Canada.

Reactions: Asad1087
I know I’m not getting my car in 6 weeks because I’m in my 7th week and still no VIN
This process is all screwed up!
So they shouldn’t have taken my money and if they did they should tell me when I’m going to get my car. They just say wait you’ll eventually get it and you don’t get your money back if you are not happy.
That’s just bad customer service.
They even gave me a VIN but took it away the next day on 4/27 and gave it to someone else. When I asked why they took away my VIN they said we did it to get you a quicker delivery. That’s just a lie not just bad costumer service.
So please don’t tell people they’ll get their car because you have no idea and it appears Tesla does not either.
Cheers to all who are getting their cars including those in Washington and Canada.

I don’t know what’s going on with your car, but it has nothing to do with Canadians getting VINs. I don’t know for sure that s/he will their car within the 6 week window (although the stats show that the overwhelming majority of people do) but I do know that the Canada deliveries have nothing to do with it.

Please don’t project whatever difficulties you’re having onto other people. Thanks!

I don’t know what’s going on with your car, but it has nothing to do with Canadians getting VINs. I don’t know for sure that s/he will their car within the 6 week window (although the stats show that the overwhelming majority of people do) but I do know that the Canada deliveries have nothing to do with it.

Please don’t project whatever difficulties you’re having onto other people. Thanks!
My post is not blaming anyone but tesla not sure how you concluded that from my post.
Please read the last sentence before you make such statements.

Reactions: Asad1087

You can see the tracker full of end of March people who configured with no VINs yet but people who configured mid April already got VINs. And that’s just those that are tracked.