Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is this easy. They have a list of people waiting over 6 weeks already for every car that leaves the factory. To give it to people waiting since a week and without any explanation is bullshit.
6 weeks! That does seem wrong especially if the configuration is the same or similar with aero wheels. I would assume first come first serve but now I have no clue when a vin will pop up.

July will mark 1 year since production began. I was optimistic the ramp would have increased more by now. Maybe the ramp will start to take off soon.

Reactions: bgbolton
It is this easy. They have a list of people waiting over 6 weeks already for every car that leaves the factory. To give it to people waiting since a week and without any explanation is bullshit.

That is not the only thing that’s BS. Continuing to quote people 3-6 weeks for delivery is complete BS, IMO, when people have to wait 6 weeks just to get a VIN.

Reactions: Drax and bgbolton
I finally got my vin this morning, it's been a long 4 weeks seeing just my RN number in the account. I gave up looking every hour this weekend and this morning I saw It! Good thing I was sitting on the toilet because I "literally" took a crap when I saw it. Lol

Current owner: No
Reserved: 3/31/2016
Invited: 2/22/18
Configured: 4/08/18
5/7/18 VIN: 193xx
Red, Aero, EAP

I finally got my vin this morning, it's been a long 4 weeks seeing just my RN number in the account. I gave up looking every hour this weekend and this morning I saw It! Good thing I was sitting on the toilet because I "literally" took a crap when I saw it. Lol

Current owner: No
Reserved: 3/31/2016
Invited: 2/22/18
Configured: 4/08/18
5/7/18 VIN: 193xx
Red, Aero, EAP

Nice! Consider joining the LA group buy: LA Model 3 PPF/Ceramic Group Buy

No its doesn't reset at least according to the Tesla rep that made the change but he did state that it could delay the vehicle.
Several other TMC members changed from Aero to Sport and got VINs very quickly, most same or next day.
The problem is that once word got out about the stats a flood of people did the same thing. When I called they said thats all phone calls had been about the past 3 days. They mentioned a "rumor" that switching would lead to faster delivery.