Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn finally. Did they have an excuse to offer you?
No not really. I really didn’t ask beyond why I had a VIN and then didn’t. He simply said I dont have access to that information. My advisor has been superb and very helpful and polite. He already sent me the contract that I’m going to walk-in to my bank tomorrow AM. Hope to get funded by Wednesday AM the delivery day:p

Reactions: UZJedi
Storage lot
1 month in a lot is NOTHING. American car companies typically have 90+ days of inventory. BMW builds all convertibles in one batch in the fall and releases them throughout the year. We bought in July and the car had been built in October. No problems at all! Additionally, don't get hung up on Tesla VIN numbers. They are not an indicator of build date. Seems like they are using them for tracking locations. Eg. Canada is getting VINs in 29k range while California is issued 15-20k range. When you get the car, look at the build date on the window sticker to see when it was built.

You are right about the standing inventory of other car companies. Tesla seems to damage their cars (scratches,etc.) so I’m concerned about scratches. I know the build date as I asked the Tesla advisor.
I was very suspicious they they found this car all of a sudden.
I was passing by the fashion island store and the MSM 19 is gone. They said it went on a “tour”. I hope that’s not my car as thousands have sat in it.
Is Tesla required to disclosed if they sell the showroom model?

You are right about the standing inventory of other car companies. Tesla seems to damage their cars (scratches,etc.) so I’m concerned about scratches. I know the build date as I asked the Tesla advisor.
I was very suspicious they they found this car all of a sudden.
I was passing by the fashion island store and the MSM 19 is gone. They said it went on a “tour”. I hope that’s not my car as thousands have sat in it.
Is Tesla required to disclosed if they sell the showroom model?

I doubt that they would just pass it off like that... or would engage in such immorality over one more sale. They still need demo cars in the showrooms and there is already a dearth. Floor models will also have scratches and other blemishes from people sitting in them constantly that will easily be noticeable. I think the requirement to disclose may depend on the state laws but I would definitely inspect carefully and as long as it passes your checklist, you should be good to go.

Reactions: Waiting4M3
I doubt that they would just pass it off like that... or would engage in such immorality over one more sale. They still need demo cars in the showrooms and there is already a dearth. Floor models will also have scratches and other blemishes from people sitting in them constantly that will easily be noticeable. I think the requirement to disclose may depend on the state laws but I would definitely inspect carefully and as long as it passes your checklist, you should be good to go.
Agreed, it's not worth it for them to take this risk. Like you said, they're short on showroom models as is. And even if they want to sell a showroom model to make some quota, they can always sell it with full disclosure (like MS/X showroom cars), and still ask for full price and probably get it, someone will pay it. Why would they risk cheating and being found out?

Agreed, it's not worth it for them to take this risk. Like you said, they're short on showroom models as is. And even if they want to sell a showroom model to make some quota, they can always sell it with full disclosure (like MS/X showroom cars), and still ask for full price and probably get it, someone will pay it. Why would they risk cheating and being found out?
I’m not saying they are cheating
Just asking if they are required to disclose its a floor model

I’m not saying they are cheating
Just asking if they are required to disclose its a floor model
I'm pretty sure they have to. They always sell showroom models as inventory cars, which also include cars in loaner fleet. This is specifically counted separately and broken out in their quarterly financial reports. For MS and MX, inventory cars are typically sold with a discount, depend on the condition.

I'm pretty sure they have to. They always sell showroom models as inventory cars, which also include cars in loaner fleet. This is specifically counted separately and broken out in their quarterly financial reports. For MS and MX, inventory cars are typically sold with a discount, depend on the condition.
Ok thanks that makes sense.
So I wait for my delivery next Wednesday.

Wow, 50 days from config to VIN. I'm *only* at 29. Another 21 will kill me. Isn't the average more like 25? I remember seeing a plot showing the averages by color and it seemed to be around 20-30. Anybody know where that plot is? The shutdown added something like 4 days, I suppose. The ramp, of course, should recover that lost time pretty quickly.