Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty bold to reject with that EOM tax deadline. How bad was the paint issue?

When you did that, did they promise delivery before end of May?

I didn’t see the car in person but I got a call just 2 hrs before the delivery appointment on 5/3. (discoloration on the hood from pine tree sap). I thought repainting could lower down the resale value more than $3,200 credit, that is why I rejected the car. No, they didn’t promise anything. (heard the rejected car is not sellable condition now as the detailer failed to recover...)

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I didn’t see the car in person but I got a call just 2 hrs before the delivery appointment on 5/3. (discoloration on the hood from pine tree sap). I thought repainting could lower down the resale value more than $3,200 credit, that is why I rejected the car. No, they didn’t promise anything. (heard the rejected car is not sellable condition now as the detailer failed to recover...)
There's a product called "Magic Clay" that removes tree sap from car finishes quite well...

The Sheet (tm) was pretty good at predicting for me. I got my VIN on 5/14 and have a delivery scheduled for 6/1. For Massachusetts, The Sheet (tm) estimates that VIN to delivery has been 23-24 days. So for me, I am looking at 18 days (unless there are unexpected delays between now and June 1st).

I spoke with Tesla on the phone to get an update on my 4/18 order. He told me that I should expect to get my VIN 4-6 weeks from order, which would be by the end of May. And then since I'm on the east coast, expect it could take 4-5 weeks after that to get my delivery.
Good to know. I'm in Atlanta and tomorrow is 5 weeks post-config for me with no VIN. I guess another week to get the VIN. Kind of depressing that it's another 5 weeks after that to get the car. :-(. Oh well.

With the ramp and Canada orders going through it's pretty clear they're gaming the tax credit system which sucks because that means I'm not getting my car until July. Not only that but since the entire US will be backlogged it probably will be late July as the fill orders closer to the factory.

VIN is no longer appearing in my account page as of today (although, delivery date still is). I have seen reports of this before, and it has ended up with delayed delivery and assignment of a different VIN. Hopefully, my ISA will reach out today before I am forced to chase him down.