Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The edit button is tied to the completeness of you order, it has nothing to do with VIN. If all the check marks are green then you will not see an edit button. A simple test is to change your trade in preference. If it is green then change it to “trading your car in”. Once saved the check mark will change to yellow and the “edit design” button will appear. Change it back to “no trade in” and the check box becomes green and the edit button disappears.

The edit button is tied to the completeness of you order, it has nothing to do with VIN. If all the check marks are green then you will not see an edit button. A simple test is to change your trade in preference. If it is green then change it to “trading your car in”. Once saved the check mark will change to yellow and the “edit design” button will appear. Change it back to “no trade in” and the check box becomes green and the edit button disappears.

I have had all steps completed since the 13th. Whenever there was news about an edit button showing up I went and checked and did have it. I even clicked it last week debating to change colors but I did not. I went to click it last night and it was no longer there despite all steps being complete for over a month.

Tried that to see what would happen. Still no Edit button. Here’s hoping!

FDC5EED4-2982-40F9-B45E-EA428DEA918B.jpeg

Reactions: ericbs
I read on another forum that if you go in and add a wall charger to your cart and hit checkout the last part of your VIN will show up, and it did with mine, but I am just one of the disappearing VIN's as I got my VIN on 5/9.

I configured on 4/18 and have yet to receive a VIN. After reading your post, I tried adding the HPWC to the cart and go to check out. When I did, there were two items on the drop down menu - "M3 - 020xxx" and "This is a gift for another VIN."

Either I did get a VIN assigned or someone at Tesla is really messing with my current fragile state!

I configured on 4/18 and have yet to receive a VIN. After reading your post, I tried adding the HPWC to the cart and go to check out. When I did, there were two items on the drop down menu - "M3 - 020xxx" and "This is a gift for another VIN."

Either I did get a VIN assigned or someone at Tesla is really messing with my current fragile state!

Well i think its a vin. I did the same thing and got M3 - 019xxx

Time to celebrate?

Reactions: M3forME and TT97

YAY!! That's awesome, congrats! Seems like Tesla really is just trying to slow some of the call volume by not publishing your VIN until 7 days before delivery.

I read on another forum that if you go in and add a wall charger to your cart and hit checkout the last part of your VIN will show up, and it did with mine, but I am just one of the disappearing VIN's as I got my VIN on 5/9.
I can confirm this is true. The edit button disappeared on Saturday and I just happened to try this method today and saw that I was assigned a new vin. 185XX.