Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a "Delivery Update" email from Tesla. My new estimate for my car delivery is JULY. I configured 4/20. I originally had a 3-6 week estimate.

I never got a VIN or contactes by a ISA.
While I’m sad for people that have to wait longer, hopefully this is evidence of gaming US deliveries to extend the tax credit a full quarter. Especially since Q4 this year the production rate will be much higher than it was at the beginning of Q2, so far more people will benefit.

Just and FYI, I was invited and I configured on 4/13. It took them 4 weeks to call me. My earliest delivery date was June 9th. I think they are just fixing things like early VIN assignments and waits outside the 3-6 week window. My ISA said she actually had some customers screaming because they didn't have their car yet.

The cars are coming. They are trying to make them better and at a faster rate. We all knew what we were getting into. Be nice to your ISA. Don't forget they have to deal with over 500k of us.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
The cars are coming. They are trying to make them better and at a faster rate. We all knew what we were getting into. Be nice to your ISA. Don't forget they have to deal with over 500k of us.

I promise to be extremely nice to my ISA... when I actually get to talk to one. :D
Anyway, the thing that I found curious about the email is that it says the delay was due to the fact that "In our last round of invitations to Model 3 reservation holders, we received an unusually high volume of orders". I'm skeptical of that explanation that the order rate increased significantly. I would bet that they either overestimated their ability to ramp up the build rate or they accidentally sent out too many invitations to configure.

Reactions: dm 72468
I promise to be extremely nice to my ISA... when I actually get to talk to one. :D
Anyway, the thing that I found curious about the email is that it says the delay was due to the fact that "In our last round of invitations to Model 3 reservation holders, we received an unusually high volume of orders". I'm skeptical of that explanation that the order rate increased significantly. I would bet that they either overestimated their ability to ramp up the build rate or they accidentally sent out too many invitations to configure.

Maybe they just had a flood of orders from people that decided they didn't want to pay for AWD or Performance. 3500-4000 people changing their mind plus the downtime coming up could trigger a response like that from Tesla.

Just and FYI, I was invited and I configured on 4/13. It took them 4 weeks to call me. My earliest delivery date was June 9th. I think they are just fixing things like early VIN assignments and waits outside the 3-6 week window. My ISA said she actually had some customers screaming because they didn't have their car yet.

“Screaming”?

As my old COO used to say, “some days if it wasn’t for the people, this would be a great job”.

No one should mistreat your ISA...

Reactions: MissyMcBee