Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had delivery scheduled for next week Tuesday, which was then moved to Wednesday. Now, I'm hearing from my ISA that the delivery is delayed up to 2 weeks! Any one else in the tri-state area or NJ/NYC area get their deliveries pushed back?

Also, does anyone know if you get a loaner for delivery delays?

The car wasn't scheduled to arrive until this Sunday. Hopefully that means there wasn't an issue found and it is a logistics problem.

Last edited:
You guys that are doing the HPWC trick to see the vin. Is it after you see your edit link disappear? Or is that irrelevant? I just refresh the build page and look for that edit build link to be gone. I configured on 4/27 so not expecting any vin until at least the next two weeks.

You guys that are doing the HPWC trick to see the vin. Is it after you see your edit link disappear? Or is that irrelevant? I just refresh the build page and look for that edit build link to be gone. I configured on 4/27 so not expecting any vin until at least the next two weeks.

Mine did not work until the edit button was gone. Indicating I can no longer make changes and I've been assigned a car.

My edit button has been gone ever since I configured. I selected payment as "cash" is this why? My delivery profile says complete. If I select Trade in car then the edit button appears.

Yes, if all you check marks are completed green, you will not have the edit button. If you change something to un-complete a task, you will get the edit button back (unless your car is in production already)

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
I would suggest not calling Tesla until you have a person assigned. If you don’t have someone assigned you are likely to get a canned response. When they call, be ready to confirm your information and discuss delivery dates and locations. It seems like they will call first and e-mail if you don’t answer.

• Love
Reactions: swaltner
I would suggest not calling Tesla until you have a person assigned. If you don’t have someone assigned you are likely to get a canned response. When they call, be ready to confirm your information and discuss delivery dates and locations. It seems like they will call first and e-mail if you don’t answer.
Any chance the Tesla ISA people work on Sunday?

I'm in the delayed to July group so was surprised to receive a voice mail from Tesla late yesterday (5/26) afternoon saying they were hoping to schedule my delivery "before the end of the month" in Costa Mesa, CA but available delivery times were limited. I called back after 5pm and got my ISA's voicemail. I only learned I had a VIN 5/25 (wall charger trick) but don't know how long ago it was assigned. I guess that is water under the bridge now! Waiting to hear back to schedule the first available delivery time slot.
Red, 18" aero, no AP. Ordered: 3/31/16, online (non-owner) - invited: 4/18 - configured: 4/23 - VIN assigned: 5/25? - first contact: 5/26 - delivery: TBD but nothing on my end to delay (cash, no trade-in). Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Reactions: ebmcs03
Any chance the Tesla ISA people work on Sunday?

I'm in the delayed to July group so was surprised to receive a voice mail from Tesla late yesterday (5/26) afternoon saying they were hoping to schedule my delivery "before the end of the month" in Costa Mesa, CA but available delivery times were limited. I called back after 5pm and got my ISA's voicemail. I only learned I had a VIN 5/25 (wall charger trick) but don't know how long ago it was assigned. I guess that is water under the bridge now! Waiting to hear back to schedule the first available delivery time slot.
Red, 18" aero, no AP. Ordered: 3/31/16, online (non-owner) - invited: 4/18 - configured: 4/23 - VIN assigned: 5/25? - first contact: 5/26 - delivery: TBD but nothing on my end to delay (cash, no trade-in). Fingers crossed...

It's very strange how July emails are getting vins and june delivery while I have a June email and Tesla told me over the phone friay it will be built in June but probably not delivered until July.

It's very strange how July emails are getting vins and june delivery while I have a June email and Tesla told me over the phone friay it will be built in June but probably not delivered until July.

It seems the algorithm used for generating the emails and specifically the estimated delivery time frame within them is not quite the same as the algorithm for generating the order planning and fulfillment queue. Tesla's IT department is not a well organized or particularly competent group (I was told that by a personal friend who worked there), so it is not surprising.

Reactions: Asad1087