Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do I start harassing my agent? :) I got an initial email, then a followup saying he's going on vacation and his supervisor is handling everything. It's been about a week.
Try calling the main line and asking for someone else. I did this yesterday after getting a first contact (voicemail) late Saturday and no response to my return calls and messages since then. I was told my ISA was "out of the office" but was able to get someone else to set up my delivery appointment. It never hurts to ask! Delivery set for June 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asad1087 and KJD
Finally got a delivery date! Pick up should be be 1st of June in Fremont.

Pre-reveal online reservation
4/18 configured immediately
5/22 VIN 23XXX
MSM 19" EAP

Psyched!

Congrats on the car! What I am having a hard time figuring out is that how can you be scheduled for delivery when we both live in the same area and have the exact same configuration but I waited in line on 3/31 and configured on 4/15?? Crazy..

Congrats on the car! What I am having a hard time figuring out is that how can you be scheduled for delivery when we both live in the same area and have the exact same configuration but I waited in line on 3/31 and configured on 4/15?? Crazy..

I am noticing that from the delivery lists. I guess one possible explanation is that the car/VIN that was assigned to your order didn't pass inspection and so your delivery is being delayed while the cars for other people who configured after you are passing QI and going straight to delivery.

Try calling the main line and asking for someone else. I did this yesterday after getting a first contact (voicemail) late Saturday and no response to my return calls and messages since then. I was told my ISA was "out of the office" but was able to get someone else to set up my delivery appointment. It never hurts to ask! Delivery set for June 4th.

So I just emailed him and sure enough, he called back within one hour saying it's ready. Great news, but pissed he didn't reach out and I had to ask about it, who knows when he would have otherwise.

Tip: They are probably juggling dozens of people at a time and can't keep checking everyones status so it doesn't hurt to ping them every couple of days to get them to check for you.

Reactions: KJD
So I just emailed him and sure enough, he called back within one hour saying it's ready. Great news, but pissed he didn't reach out and I had to ask about it, who knows when he would have otherwise.

Tip: They are probably juggling dozens of people at a time and can't keep checking everyones status so it doesn't hurt to ping them every couple of days to get them to check for you.
Very true, my ISA was amazing and very proactive.
He mentioned he was handling 80 at that point in time.

• Informative
Reactions: shrspeedblade

As with everything in life YOU need to be proactive. Which should never be construed as rude or annoying.

I know how frustrating that is. Have you tried the HPWC trick to check for a VIN? I would say do that first and if you see a VIN, give them a call.

I want my VINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...woof!

So i broke down and called cause i'm getting antsy. I have an advisor (Chris) but no VIN yet so nothing to talk to him about yet. anyone have any good feedback on Chris? There's probably a dozen chris's but i thought i would ask anyway...

I want my VINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...woof!

So i broke down and called cause i'm getting antsy. I have an advisor (Chris) but no VIN yet so nothing to talk to him about yet. anyone have any good feedback on Chris? There's probably a dozen chris's but i thought i would ask anyway...
I also called and found out that I have an Advisor assigned. However, no VIN and no contact yet. I assume I am getting close... I have the email that says delayed till June.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
No edit button available...all of my items to complete have been green from the beginning so i never had an edit button.
You need to have delivery profile incomplete, to see "Edit details".
You can change the trade in to yes, and "Edit details" should come back.
Following that, once it goes away and VIN shows up using the hack, you can switch the trade-in back to "no"

HTH

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I know how frustrating that is. Have you tried the HPWC trick to check for a VIN? I would say do that first and if you see a VIN, give them a call.

Yes, I have tried that and also called a few times. The issue is that the messaging when you call is inconsistent. At week 5 they said "You should have a VIN in a couple days", week 6 they said "We don't know and it takes 6 weeks to build a car", approaching week 7 they are now saying "in a week or two". My patience is definitely being tested, ha! I'm happy for the people getting their cars and sometime soon, I'll be there too.

Reactions: Asad1087
I don't have a VIN posted on the website yet. I was informed by adviser that a VIN has been assigned, and I've seen it using the HPWC trick. That being said, I just got a tentative delivery date (6/12). Just need to get trade in details confirmed and we can lock down the delivery appointment.
Overall my adviser has been very proactive. I've gotten 5 or 6 emails and 1 phone call from him over the last week.
I configured 4/14 and got the delayed til June email. Will be at 8 1/2 weeks so not so horrible from the 3-6 originally estimated.
Overall I've been pretty happy with the process so far. (knocks on wood)

Reactions: Asad1087
I don't have a VIN posted on the website yet. I was informed by adviser that a VIN has been assigned, and I've seen it using the HPWC trick. That being said, I just got a tentative delivery date (6/12). Just need to get trade in details confirmed and we can lock down the delivery appointment.
Overall my adviser has been very proactive. I've gotten 5 or 6 emails and 1 phone call from him over the last week.
I configured 4/14 and got the delayed til June email. Will be at 8 1/2 weeks so not so horrible from the 3-6 originally estimated.
Overall I've been pretty happy with the process so far. (knocks on wood)
I also won the ISA lottery. I placed my order on 3/28 and will be taking delivery 6/13(day after you).
The wait has been long but it feels good to be close to the finish line.

• Funny
Reactions: kelvinpt