Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait is driving me nuts.
Ordered online 12:01am PST 3/31/16
Invited to configure 4/18/18
Actual order date 4/19/18
Checking for VIN via Home Charger Trick - No Luck
Approved for financing 5/28/18 through FPCU (2.24%).
Still Waiting....

Don’t feel bad. I reserved 65 minutes before the reveal (5 minutes before they announced online ordering would be available).

I was invited 4-13, immediately configured, and still no VIN or contact.

Don’t feel bad. I reserved 65 minutes before the reveal (5 minutes before they announced online ordering would be available).

I was invited 4-13, immediately configured, and still no VIN or contact.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in baton rouge as well and am curious to see the delivery location and process for us few model 3s in BR.

3/31 reservatio
4/13 invite and config
Black w/ areo

The VIN does not necessarily indicate an imminent delivery. I got mine last weekend and hadn’t received a call or email so I finally called on Thursday. My ISA called later that afternoon and said the VIN just indicates a car has entered production. He said it would likely still be a month for delivery and would contact me next week to setup a delivery date.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in baton rouge as well and am curious to see the delivery location and process for us few model 3s in BR.

3/31 reservatio
4/13 invite and config
Black w/ areo

Hi. We’ll have to get together when we get our 3’s. I’m getting red, but I’m 50/50 on the wheels. I’ve literally edited my design and switched a dozen times:). Right now, I’m getting the 19’s.

I think Tesla has created this unpredictable process just to keep us all entertained (and preoccupied) during the long wait we all have endured. I know region/state and possibly build configuration are a factor but the VINs being all over the board makes it even more amusing (and frustrating) to me. Being obsessed and not knowing what to expect and when is a dangerous combination.

Fortunately, and hopefully, MY wait is almost over.

Ordered 3/31
Invited 4/18
Configured 4/23 (red, aeros, no AP)
VIN discovered by trick 5/25 (260xx - hopefully including all improvements!)
ISA called 5/26, Saturday 4pm, left voicemail saying delivery could be made before the end of the month
Called Tesla customer service when ISA failed to return my callback 5/29...another ISA set up delivery
Delivery date/time/location (first available, of course) Monday June 4th, 10:45am, Costa Mesa CA (counting hours)

Currently researching aftermarket wheels, tires, lowering springs, and window tinting to help pass the time.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
The VIN does not necessarily indicate an imminent delivery. I got mine last weekend and hadn’t received a call or email so I finally called on Thursday. My ISA called later that afternoon and said the VIN just indicates a car has entered production. He said it would likely still be a month for delivery and would contact me next week to setup a delivery date.

It's crazy how some people can't even get a hold of their VIN yet receiving phone calls for deliveries. Something seems fishy. Do y'all think those can be the rejected VINs?
Makes sense that Tesla doesn't want you to know the VIN ahead of time.

VIN came in yesterday for me as well.

Invited: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/18/18
VIN 239XX (HPWC): 6/1/18
Contacted ISA for delivery status, was told another week at the least for any ETA.
MSM/Sport
Nice. I’m in Alpharetta and hope I’m getting close.
Invited: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/25/18 (invite caught me off guard, regret not being ready but oh well)
No vin update yet
Black/Sport

invite caught me off guard, regret not being ready but oh well

From noobie to noobie - welcome to the club! :)

I had to test drive one before I could make up my mind, and was worried about my invite to config delay too. ISA indicated that they're trying to honor what is mentioned in the 'delayed till Jun/Jul email', which month does yours say?

I've seen a couple of other Alpharetta/JC folks enter their info on the spreadsheets, perhaps we can start a separate thread in the SE section once the dust settles..