Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From noobie to noobie - welcome to the club! :)

I had to test drive one before I could make up my mind, and was worried about my invite to config delay too. ISA indicated that they're trying to honor what is mentioned in the 'delayed till Jun/Jul email', which month does yours say?

I've seen a couple of other Alpharetta/JC folks enter their info on the spreadsheets, perhaps we can start a separate thread in the SE section once the dust settles..
Thanks. Yeah, I drove my neighbor’s M3 before I pulled the trigger, but once I drove it I knew I had to have that car ASAP. Such a rocket, so nice to drive. So easy on the eyes... and the range. Can’t wait to have my own.

I got the dreaded July email, but I’m fine if it stretches to then but would be thrilled if it worked out sooner.

I’ve seen two M3’s on my commute on 400 so they are definitely showing up in our area. New thread idea sounds great.

Reactions: dhrivnak
C76C46E9-EA91-4333-A2E6-2480FFC7E8A1.jpeg
Saw a truck load of M3s on Fwy 680 southbound this morning at 9:10am. The truck must have left the Fremont delivery center.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
A bit in shock... VIN showed up in the hack.
Invited: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/25/18
VIN (unofficial): 3198x
Black/Sport
Atlanta area

Congrats to you and everyone who's discovering their VINs! Would be awesome if our delivery dates in Decatur are close :D Do you have a Level 2 charger set up at home yet? Still looking for a good electrician after receiving a rather expensive quote of 1600..

Congrats to you and everyone who's discovering their VINs! Would be awesome if our delivery dates in Decatur are close :D Do you have a Level 2 charger set up at home yet? Still looking for a good electrician after receiving a rather expensive quote of 1600..
Never know, don’t know how many the Decatur Center is delivering, they could show up on the same truck...

I do have a level 2 charger. Got it when I leased my Leaf 3 years ago (being returned as soon as I get the M3). I have the Clipper Creek HCS-40. It delivers 32 amps, a bit short of the full flow The 3 can take. What I have should be good for 30 mph of range based on Tesla’s website. This is plenty for me.

If I were buying now I’d be tempted by the Tesla unit. Can get full charge rate but I think that means you have to involve an electrician and their going rate. I had the NEMA 14-50 plug installed in my garage when I built my house 3 years ago, so it only cost me $200 to add the 60 amp breaker and run the power to the plug location I wanted.

I installed the Clipper Creek myself. Easy to do when just hanging on the wall and plugging in. $1600 sounds pricey. What scope of work does that include?

The thought of our 3s on a truck making me giddy!!

Had to go back and look for the quote: $1600 for sub-panel in garage with dedicated 60A breaker, permit, etc. in case we decide to go solar eventually. Around $1200 for 50ft wires, breaker using the last slot available in my existing 200A panel, permit, socket and plate. Seemed a little high to me, I'm getting another quote this week for the NEMA 14-50 install.