Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No call yet today so that's very good. My M3 has been at the DC since yesterday my ISA told me via email.

Delivery in 23 hours (fingers crossed).

We'll drive the 35 mins south to Jacksonville to try to look at it this afternoon and really check it out in advance.

So still no link to pay via EFT/ACH online through my account yet.....they said 48 hours, then 24 hours....lol

Tesla makes it difficult to pay.....to pay in advance or at least a day or 3 early.
Our date got moved up and we did not get the link unti the morning of the day before. We still had time to get a cashiers’s check. Taking a look ahead of time is good. Ours had tape residue and a scuff in Decatur.

Congratulations!

Our date got moved up and we did not get the link unti the morning of the day before. We still had time to get a cashiers’s check. Taking a look ahead of time is good. Ours had tape residue and a scuff in Decatur.

Congratulations!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

No joke, as we pull up and not see it in front we pulled around back and saw two identical MSM Aero M3's side-by-side in back. I knew one of them was ours. Then an employee from the service center starts walking towards them with a keycard in his hand. He was a real nice guy named Sean. I said one of those is mine...lol and I shouted out my VIN number. He looks in his hand and says "I'm pulling that one in right now." Amazing timing. He gave us a few minutes to look around. No rush,very cool. I felt bad so we went fast. What a nice guy though. I took pics of the seats to compare later and I looked at the sticker inside the door. I also looked at the panels. I know for sure the back and the hood look perfect. Manufacturer 5/18 - YES!!! My fear of getting a previously rejected car built in March or April no worries. VIN 1649x

Gen 2 seats in front and back - YES!!!

Soooooo happy right now. He said it had passed the post-transport inspection and he was bringing it in to do the pre-delivery inspection. Not bad 4PM the day before a 11:30AM delivery. I assume they're going to detail it in the morning but it looks like I'm good to go.

So obviously you can't go by the VIN numbers for manufacture date guys and girls.

Still no link to make payment in my account...haha

Last edited:
Get excited gang....dare I say, my car is absolutely stunning perfect!!! My EAP kicked in fast at just 17 miles and I took delivery of it today with 5 miles already on it and charged to 100% Got the red toy model car (handed to me - everyone gets one until they run out pretty much from what I got from them) and we swapped the iPhone cable for 2 Android cables. Although my Note 8 with a not very bulky/thick Spigen case would not charge when plugged in. It must just miss with the case on as it worked with it off. I'm going to go wireless charging soon enough anyway once I figure out a good and affordable solution for that....cheers

How do you attach a signature on here??

Get excited gang....dare I say, my car is absolutely stunning perfect!!! My EAP kicked in fast at just 17 miles and I took delivery of it today with 5 miles already on it and charged to 100% Got the red toy model car (handed to me - everyone gets one until they run out pretty much from what I got from them) and we swapped the iPhone cable for 2 Android cables. Although my Note 8 with a not very bulky/thick Spigen case would not charge when plugged in. It must just miss with the case on as it worked with it off. I'm going to go wireless charging soon enough anyway once I figure out a good and affordable solution for that....cheers

How do you attach a signature on here??

Glad to hear! Have you driven an electric before? I havent, I am curious what to expect.

Configured 4/20
Blue, sport wheels and EAP
Initially got July email.
However, I saw VIN (24xxx) via HPWC hack and was sent email regarding financing.
Never contacted or emailed regarding delivery but saw a delivery date for June 2 on Tesla website on June 1. When I called them, they said it was accurate. Thank goodness I was off on that day. Got delivery June 2.

Glad to hear! Have you driven an electric before? I havent, I am curious what to expect.
I had not other than a quick 15 min. test drive of a Model S from the Natick, MA store like 3 years ago. I only drove about 60 miles today but first impression was it's strange to drive basically using only 1 pedal. Also, I had to put the regen braking on low for now. We're driving 90 minutes north to Savannah, Georgia to celebrate tomorrow (today) for a day trip so I'll get a much better feel. With our super off-peak Georgia Power plan in effect we're only paying 1.4 cents per kilowatt hour from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. charging at home. I'm currently getting 22-23 MPH on my dryer plug with the $35 adapter I bought in the Tesla Store...haha - brilliant

My experience from start to finish was really great. I hope going forward everybody's communication is as great as mine was and has been + timeline, delivery and finished product all as excellent as mine have been

Configured 4/20
Blue, sport wheels and EAP
Initially got July email.
However, I saw VIN (24xxx) via HPWC hack and was sent email regarding financing.
Never contacted or emailed regarding delivery but saw a delivery date for June 2 on Tesla website on June 1. When I called them, they said it was accurate. Thank goodness I was off on that day. Got delivery June 2.

So let me get this right - somewhere on your reservation page a delivery date was suddenly appearing even though you had not been contacted before hand to confirm that date? If true, that is messed up.

So let me get this right - somewhere on your reservation page a delivery date was suddenly appearing even though you had not been contacted before hand to confirm that date? If true, that is messed up.

Yes. I just happened to open up my account page with Tesla and saw the date. I told the person I spoke to regarding that but said he’s not sure what happened.

Anyways, I’m happy to have my car a month early :)

Oh boy... Another update from Portland, OR:

Reserved: 3/31/16 (in person)
Invited: 2/28/18
Configured: 5/16/18
Dreaded "July" delay email: 5/20/18
VIN 249XX (HPWC); 6/4/18
ISA contact: 6/11/18
Delivery: 6/18/18
Pearl White, Sport, RWD, LR, PUP, EAP

:D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_2319.gif
    IMG_2319.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
Oh boy... Another update from Portland, OR:

Reserved: 3/31/16 (in person)
Invited: 2/28/18
Configured: 5/16/18
Dreaded "July" delay email: 5/20/18
VIN 249XX (HPWC); 6/4/18
ISA contact: 6/11/18
Delivery: 6/18/18
Pearl White, Sport, RWD, LR, PUP, EAP

:D:D:D
Are you a non-owner or did you already have Model S or X?

I am starting to think that color choice plays impact of getting your VIN / Delivery sooner

Well my Model 3 delivery experience is turning into a humongous buzz kill. :(
I was supposed to have gotten a delivery date from my ISA by the end of last week but none came. Then Monday morning I get an email from my ISA saying my car is "stuck in Inspection status" which was delaying my delivery. Having a background in tech manufacturing that set my antennae up. I immediately emailed back expressing concern and asking if my interpretation of that meaning that the car was in inspection longer than normal and therefore likely has some serious quality issues was correct. I got a reply this morning saying it was not clear what was causing the car to remain in inspection status on the tracking system but that if I was not comfortable with the car I could wait while my ISA investigates what the cause was or I could request a new VIN and wait the additional 3 or more weeks for delivery. I chose the latter. So my clock for receiving my car has been reset. :mad:

Well my Model 3 delivery experience is turning into a humongous buzz kill. :(
I was supposed to have gotten a delivery date from my ISA by the end of last week but none came. Then Monday morning I get an email from my ISA saying my car is "stuck in Inspection status" which was delaying my delivery. Having a background in tech manufacturing that set my antennae up. I immediately emailed back expressing concern and asking if my interpretation of that meaning that the car was in inspection longer than normal and therefore likely has some serious quality issues was correct. I got a reply this morning saying it was not clear what was causing the car to remain in inspection status on the tracking system but that if I was not comfortable with the car I could wait while my ISA investigates what the cause was or I could request a new VIN and wait the additional 3 or more weeks for delivery. I chose the latter. So my clock for receiving my car has been reset. :mad:

You decided to defer without even knowing the issue?