Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday: delivery from UPS
my husband: what's in the box?
Me: uhm...model 3 accessories :D (3rd accessory delivery for the car)
my husband: OH, more stuff huh:rolleyes:
Today: delivery from UPS
my husband: i saw UPS delivery a box today. more car parts?
Me: uh...not today ;)

NOW if i just had the car to put all my accessories in....!

Ordered front & back mats from tesla and the aero kit! Can't wait until they come in.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Right on schedule (well, schedule as of a week ago :)), our new family member has arrived! VIN 220xx, May '18 build date.

Tesla_family.jpg

So little update from me. I've coalesced all my data into an easier to read format with some of the minute details:
(all times CST)

Configured: 13 June 18
Edit Button disappear: early morning of 16 June
Add additional financing information and proceed with trade in process: ~5pm 17 June
Call general number to confirm communication preference on 18 June.... told I was assigned an ISA on Sunday (correlates with financing/trade in options?)
Email received from ISA 7pm 19 June

I am told I can pick up in Nashville, though I don't have a date yet. He wanted a pre-approval letter so he can work the funding request and then he can provide a date. He mentioned I did have a VIN which meant "your Model 3 is built" but did not provide the number. He did mention I could have the vehicle shipped to my house but it would delay delivery. After the vehicle is inspected in Nashville, they would then need to coordinate delivery. I also called about the possibility of them picking up my trade in. Again, he said he could coordinate a pickup of my trade (potentially on the same truck dropping off my vehicle), however it would once again delay delivery since they need the vehicle value confirmed to finalize billing details. I have elected to drive up and drop off my trade-in/pick up my M3.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe
sigh... how are people who configured in June getting more progress than those in May.

My hunch is many of us in California, especially the Bay Area, are being held back to limit U.S. sales below 200k before July because then it will be much easier/quicker to get the cars to us. Getting the car cross country adds several weeks anyway so many won't be delivered until after July 1st as it is.

My hunch is many of us in California, especially the Bay Area, are being held back to limit U.S. sales below 200k before July because then it will be much easier/quicker to get the cars to us. Getting the car cross country adds several weeks anyway so many won't be delivered until after July 1st as it is.
That makes sense. I’m in Los Angeles so hopefully your speculation is correct

Called my ISA today to check in verbally the first time, he picked right up. He was able to throw my MVPA today and mail it right over. Says the vehicle is built and currently in Fremont. Shipping route it will take puts it available second week of July in Knoxville.

Configured: 13 June 18
Edit Button disappear: early morning of 16 June
Add additional financing information and proceed with trade in process: ~5pm 17 June
Call general number to confirm communication preference on 18 June.... told I was assigned an ISA on Sunday (correlates with financing/trade in options?)
Email received from ISA 7pm 19 June
MVPA and VIN: 20 June 21xxx
Delivery: 3 weeks

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor