Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the delivery appointment that was set for today canceled.

They called yesterday at 4pm and said the car wouldn’t get there until 7/4 or 7/5 and would call to get the appointment scheduled.

Pretty annoyed...how could they be that far off with logistics. Would understand if they missed it by a day or two but they should have known earlier the car wouldn’t have gotten there on time and not scheduled it for today.

I had the delivery appointment that was set for today canceled.

They called yesterday at 4pm and said the car wouldn’t get there until 7/4 or 7/5 and would call to get the appointment scheduled.

Pretty annoyed...how could they be that far off with logistics. Would understand if they missed it by a day or two but they should have known earlier the car wouldn’t have gotten there on time and not scheduled it for today.

They seem to be really behind in logistics right now. Probably growing pains from all the cars that need to be delivered this month. I haven't even heard from my ISA yet.

I fear they are behind. I've had a VIN since the 17th of June and my ISA can't give me a delivery date. Sometime before the last week in July is all I can get him to commit to. Seems ridiculous that a company like Tesla whose entire business is an exercise in logistics can't provide a delivery date.

I fear they are behind. I've had a VIN since the 17th of June and my ISA can't give me a delivery date. Sometime before the last week in July is all I can get him to commit to. Seems ridiculous that a company like Tesla whose entire business is an exercise in logistics can't provide a delivery date.
I thought your config to VIN was super quick if I remember correctly. What happened? I thought Tesla reached out to you to encourage you to configure. Is that correct?

I thought your config to VIN was super quick if I remember correctly. What happened? I thought Tesla reached out to you to encourage you to configure. Is that correct?

Not sure. I configured and the edit button went away 3 days later. About 5 days after that I was contacted and told he was 'checking up on some details' and get my payment info and we would discuss delivery details. Been two weeks with nothing after I sent him my payment details other than a couple back and forth emails saying that my vehicle is 'taking a long route' to get to Nashville and it would be difficult to predict when it would arrive. I've heard "unlikely but possible the first week of July' then later 'more likely 2nd or 3rd week in July', with nothing nothing more than my pro-forma MVPA. My ISA has been very quick to reply, just without much information. I sent a bit of a forceful email last Thursday and expecting a response Monday (think he took Friday off). Very frustrating... especially when I know the southeast vehicles take rail to Birmingham which is two hours from Nashville and there is a lot of about a hundred Model 3's sitting in Birmingham. If I don't have a satisfactory response on Monday I'm going to move it up the chain of command. I think it's BS that Tesla, whose entire operation hinges on logistics and manufacturing, can't predict when a vehicle will arrive with greater accuracy than a three week window... especially when it seems everyone else is configuring and getting a delivery date a week later, even those in the southeast.

m3.jpg
Updates:
Got an email from Tesla today ar 3:50pm, requesting loan info. Didn’t check my email until 4:45pm
I logged in to my Tesla acct to provide the required loan info. Received a phone call from Delivery Advisor 10 minutes later to confirm all info that are correct.
Chose Home delivery this Friday 6/29 btw 10-11am since I am so close to the Fremont factory
Received a final purchase agreement copy 15 minutes later with final dollar amount along with VIN 0350xx

My M3 home delivery on 6/29 was pretty fast and smooth. The delivery expert went through the routine stuff ( how to lock/unlock doors, and start and park the car, how to open trunk and , then signed off the final delivery paper). The odometer shows 14 miles from Fremont factory. He took an Uber ride back to Fremont. The total time is 10 minutes. The car looks fine, no body gap panels, no scratches. I am pretty happy with my M3.

Do you mind sharing when you did your config and what you ordered?
I configured on 6/27/18 when they opened the Configurator to everyone. I happened to be reading the forum when people started to say they had access. I logged into my account on Tesla’s website and saw I could configure, so I did. I configured within the first hour it was open.

I was originally given the standard window of September to November, so I was shocked when the contacted me two days later. My configuration is the same as the First Production cars. LR, RWD, MSM paint, EAP and FSD. If you understand all those initials then you spend too much time on this forum.

Reactions: KJD