Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production is not in VIN sequence, so even though you have a "low" number doesn't necessarily mean its older build.

Called & got the manufacturing date - July 31 2018.
The car is already at the local SC for some time now, could not get the arrival date.
Generally, we Texans have to pay in full before the car is even shipped. I made the payment yesterday.
All I can do now is to show up for delivery, inspect & decide accordingly.

Just got Vinn 117xxx

Model 3 Red, AWD, PUP, Black Interior, 19's, EAP, FSD, Cash, No Trade,
Reserved: 2016-10-29 /// Ordered: 2018-06-27 8:59pm EST /// Delivery: 2018-10-25

We got VIN 115xxx

Model 3 Red, AWD, PUP, Black Interior, 19's, EAP, FSD also!

We ordered on 6/26 but did a change to add FSD after getting assigned a VIN - they never told us what the VIN was, just that we had one and if we insisted on adding FSD, we couldn't keep the VIN, they reassigned that car on 9/26 and we had to wait for a new match (even though it was just a software option).

Got the new VIN on about 10/5 with our initial delivery of 10/8. It was rescheduled.

ISA now says car will be at SC on 10/18 we are set for delivery on 10/23

Reactions: 0mpg
We got VIN 115xxx

Model 3 Red, AWD, PUP, Black Interior, 19's, EAP, FSD also!

We ordered on 6/26 but did a change to add FSD after getting assigned a VIN - they never told us what the VIN was, just that we had one and if we insisted on adding FSD, we couldn't keep the VIN, they reassigned that car on 9/26 and we had to wait for a new match (even though it was just a software option).

Got the new VIN on about 10/5 with our initial delivery of 10/8. It was rescheduled.

ISA now says car will be at SC on 10/18 we are set for delivery on 10/23
Wild guess with no data to back my opinion up: Tesla now knows that FSD requires a piece (or pieces) of hardware that perform better than the current iteration of autopilot hardware known as 2.5.

I had an issue at delivery on 9/28, so they chose not to deliver my car. Just got scheduled for delivery tomorrow with a new vin that is quite close to the "old" one:

New VIN: 75x6x
Old VIN: 75x5x

No idea about manufacturing dates.

Model 3 Performance w/ Performance Upgrades, red, black interior, AP.

Trying to play the guessing game, too.

Ordered on 10/5 (Reservation holder and got invite to order in the spring - didn't pull the trigger until I went on test drive and ordered the same day)
Got a call on 10/10 and delivery scheduled in Maryland for Nov 1st
But...no VIN yet.
Where on your account page does the VIN appear?

Order RWD, Midnight Silver, 18" wheels, autopilot

Trying to play the guessing game, too.

Ordered on 10/5 (Reservation holder and got invite to order in the spring - didn't pull the trigger until I went on test drive and ordered the same day)
But...no VIN yet.

It appears usually on the MVPA agreement document on bottom Of Page by lemon law
Disclosure .

But...no VIN yet.

Mine is also Midnight Silver, rear wheel drive, 18", with EAP.
I ordered Tuesday (the 9th) and got text the next day with delivery date (29th) and saying he had emailed me a copy of the Monroney with the VIN and mfg date (78,XXX - Oct. 2018).

Mine is also Midnight Silver, rear wheel drive, 18", with EAP.
I ordered Tuesday (the 9th) and got text the next day with delivery date (29th) and saying he had emailed me a copy of the Monroney with the VIN and mfg date (78,XXX - Oct. 2018).

Thanks! Very helpful. Think I will call them back just to check on that as I never got an email. Maybe dropping off your car in OH with the twin on the truck heading to MD. Don't take two!

Reactions: dsvick