Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With this information, I wonder if Tesla will honor any requests for a specific VIN number in the range of our configuration that we consider our "lucky number" provided the buyer is willing to travel to the delivery center where that VIN is located.

Whoever owns that VIN COLORS worksheet, add a section below it to provide everyone the last time a color/rim combo was updated. That will give us some idea of what order they are going in. Maybe. Also, nice work keeping it up to date. :)
like the date of the last time the color was assigned to a person when they were given a VIN?

EDIT: did it but every single color and wheel combo has been given out over the past 2 days, Except red 19", the last one of those in spreadsheet was 5 days ago. So if we see a batch of those tomorrow maybe we've discovered a pattern, otherwise its just a crap shoot.

Last edited:
Perhaps the date of the most recent configuration that got a VIN assigned is more helpful? I'm tracking Blue/18" (my own configuration)and even though the most recent VIN was 03/25, but the configuration date is 02/26. Still have the issue of CA deliveries being assigned VINs right now while East-Coasters wait due to the end of quarter delivery push.

I have the current dates from the spreadsheet -

Aero -
White: 03/01
Blue: 02/26
Red: 02/28
Silver: 03/10
Midnight Silver: 02/28
Black: 02/26

Sport -
White: 03/22
Blue: 03/25
Red: 03/13
Silver: 03/22
Midnight Silver: 03/20
Black: 03/22

Aeros are definitely lagging behind, perhaps the next big round will be focused on that!

Perhaps the date of the most recent configuration that got a VIN assigned is more helpful? I'm tracking Blue/18" (my own configuration)and even though the most recent VIN was 03/25, but the configuration date is 02/26. Still have the issue of CA deliveries being assigned VINs right now while East-Coasters wait due to the end of quarter delivery push.

I have the current dates from the spreadsheet -

Aero -
White: 03/01
Blue: 02/26
Red: 02/28
Silver: 03/10
Midnight Silver: 02/28
Black: 02/26

Sport -
White: 03/22
Blue: 03/25
Red: 03/13
Silver: 03/22
Midnight Silver: 03/20
Black: 03/22

Aeros are definitely lagging behind, perhaps the next big round will be focused on that!
With stock tanking, next couple of days likely all sport to maximize quarter financials.