Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep having to post this chart across many threads, So I will keep updating this sheet and posting here.

VIN_COLORS.PNG

Love it.

That 8400 in Black Aeros grossly misleads the general population as for how much sympathy they should feel for us. Only 1 VIN reported in that range so far for Black Aeros, compared to 2 in the same range for Midnight Silver/Aero.

I'd like to file a motion to remove that entry from the table so I can continue hosting a pity party for the two of us.

Love it.

That 8400 in Black Aeros grossly misleads the general population as for how much sympathy they should feel for us. Only 1 VIN reported in that range so far for Black Aeros, compared to 2 in the same range for Midnight Silver/Aero.

I'd like to file a motion to remove that entry from the table so I can continue hosting a pity party for the two of us.

I'll second the motion. I was expecting a big run of black (I have 30 heard of me on the list) so just seeing a few was disappointing. My hope is there can sneak another one before endo of the quarter. Sure sucks for LV Acrobat though given the loan timing.

Reactions: LV Acrobat
Approximate dates each batch went into production (first reported VIN assignment):
upload_2018-3-22_3-37-10.png

5-Feb for White/Sport is a bit suspicious, because it is an outlier (no other White/Sport before 13-Feb)

The ones in italics in the last two column are imputed (or maybe skipped). E.g. there are reports of people receiving Midnight Silver / Aero #102xx on March 20 and #127xx on March 21, but there should be a block in between those (around #115xx) and no one reported it yet.

Approximate dates each batch went into production (first reported VIN assignment):
View attachment 288305

5-Feb for White/Sport is a bit suspicious, because it is an outlier (no other White/Sport before 13-Feb)

The ones in italics in the last two column are imputed (or maybe skipped). E.g. there are reports of people receiving Midnight Silver / Aero #102xx on March 20 and #127xx on March 21, but there should be a block in between those (around #115xx) and no one reported it yet.

MSM / Aero VIN received overnight, 114xx (hope that helps fill the void you mentioned)

So Im starting to realize how much data we don't have. the spread sheet is amazing but we really have to remember how small that sample is. For instance Las Vegas has been delivering cars non stop, even to the point that they are blocked from giving me a VIN. So like 10-15 deliveries a day in march I'm guessing from what I've seen at the lot. Yet in the spread sheet only 5 configs for Las Vegas? We are missing a ton of data and cant really get much until more people input their data. Still entertaining though.

VIN_COLORS.PNG

113XX Black/Aero reported. Looks like another chuck it shares, this time with white/sport.

I find it really interesting and simultaneously confusing that I'd be assigned a VIN for the same config on the same day in the same city that's 4600 numbers apart from another.

According to my chart, they may be doing relatively long runs of each color, spanning multiple batches of VINs. The highest Black/Aero VIN reported before 3/20 was 67xx. To get from there to 113xx, they only had to build about 200 Black/Aero (there are at most 100 in the 83xx-84xx block and another 100 in the 100xx-101xx block), and, if their production is anywhere near their promised 2500/week, that's only about half a day's output of the factory.